Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain 42 Lighting or Donzi 43ZR >

Fountain 42 Lighting or Donzi 43ZR

Notices

Fountain 42 Lighting or Donzi 43ZR

Old 11-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Having owned a 35 and 38 Fountain - I love Fountains and am not bashing them - just relaying my observations from owning a few and also having numerous 38 fountains and 42's and 47's on my dock.

Regarding the ZRC, thanks for the compliment. Mr. Caldwell designed the ZRC hull to be able to turn harder without swapping ends in order to get around a race course faster, but it comes at the sacrifice of a bit of top end speed vs a Fountain. As you said, very similar hull to the 42 but slightly slower in a straight line.

I have all the respect in the world for Reggie, his racing accomplishments and his products. What's really cool is that when Pete was first testing my boat a few months ago he wanted Reggie's input and Reggie kindly offered. Pete picked him up at his dock on the river and Reggie throttled my ZRC and gave him some suggestions. That was really nice of him to help out a former employee like that. Says a lot about what Reggie is all about.