Qatar going out of business sale >

Qatar going out of business sale

Notices

Qatar going out of business sale

Old 11-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
I am fairly sure, that while $$ input through oil revenue is significant, the family(s) behind the race team are rock solid. I think you'll find they have massive property developments in Qatar including several high rise hotels, condos, town houses, shopping precinct and a boat marina.

No need to start a charity drive for them, it's just disappointing for the sport to see a strong contributor withdraw.

RR
Well put - 5ish million invested in the North America Weekend water sport vs 4 decades of mega $$$$ rolling in - they didn't spend it all but a few did enjoy the splurges from time to time.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

I'm curious to who's getting the other 2 cats. There were 3 Qatar victory boats.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

They also built that outerlimits supercat.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its like any other businesses its return on investment. These people don't become rich by being stupid. Without some kind of return on their investment the bleeding has to stop, and thats all they are doing. From what i have seen, they were all of the place with classes and boats. I think if they focus on one class it would of been a lot more affordable. It's hard to justify building a turbine that a class does not even exist for and spending millions. They had a super cat, and unlimited, and a turbine, on top of that they try to justify spending the money to promote and offshore organization. I don't care how much money you have again it goes back into the bucket of smart business and return on your investment.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they really wanna prove they're not going broke due to the decline of oil prices they could always just "give" the boat and truck to me. Just saying
Old 11-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Its like any other businesses its return on investment. These people don't become rich by being stupid. Without some kind of return on their investment the bleeding has to stop, and thats all they are doing. From what i have seen, they were all of the place with classes and boats. I think if they focus on one class it would of been a lot more affordable. It's hard to justify building a turbine that a class does not even exist for and spending millions. They had a super cat, and unlimited, and a turbine, on top of that they try to justify spending the money to promote and offshore organization. I don't care how much money you have again it goes back into the bucket of smart business and return on your investment.
What would be the return on a state/country/dynasty sponsored team? Geico sells insurance, everytime someone sees the boat it reinforces the brand. What does Qatar get?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
What would be the return on a state/country/dynasty sponsored team? Geico sells insurance, everytime someone sees the boat it reinforces the brand. What does Qatar get?
Public relations.... they must be nice guys...

Considering most of this country wants to see all the sand in the middle east turned to glass...
Old 11-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

An unusual chapter in offshore racing is closed, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...ssets-for-sale.

A little more detail.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 11-08-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Naturally tourism they would like to bring as many visitors as they can to the country they are not building all those high-rise mausoleum for no reason. Tourism turns into revenue.

What do you think the goal was for the Qatar Cup,
Old 11-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts

Maybe they are just bored with it.......

Pretty common to watch people with money make rash decisions we will never understand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.