Qatar going out of business sale

Notices

Qatar going out of business sale

Old 11-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
Matt can you email him again and ask what happen to the supercat and the 3 victory hull boats?
I'll go one better. Attached is the tender document.[ATTACH=CONFIG]547560[/ATTACH]

The MTI (Superboat class 40-footer) is listed in "Lot B." It was mentioned in the speedonthewater story. One Victory boat (No. 95) is kind of tucked away in "Lot E." I didn't see any other Victory boats in the material, but I will see Steve Curtis, the Spirit of Qatar teams's former manager (as I'm sure you know) in Key West this week and ask him. I'll get back to you.
Attached Thumbnails Qatar going out of business sale-tender.jpg  
Old 11-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Its like any other businesses its return on investment. These people don't become rich by being stupid. Without some kind of return on their investment the bleeding has to stop, and thats all they are doing. From what i have seen, they were all of the place with classes and boats. I think if they focus on one class it would of been a lot more affordable. It's hard to justify building a turbine that a class does not even exist for and spending millions. They had a super cat, and unlimited, and a turbine, on top of that they try to justify spending the money to promote and offshore organization. I don't care how much money you have again it goes back into the bucket of smart business and return on your investment.
they may be good business men , but is it sort of easy to do good business when your money flows like water from a well . We loved seeing them at the races as they always had the best that cubic dollars could buy . fair well .
Old 11-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quitter Marine?
Old 11-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 3,010 Likes on 987 Posts

There's some high end stuff that may go for crazy low prices. Wonder if we'll ever find out final sale prices.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SANLEONKID
Article a couple of weeks ago showing how the Middle East countries are faring with the lower oil prices. with no other means of revenue and almost a 100 cost of their citizenry... it wont last forever.

Saudi Arabia is getting squeezed

Saudi Arabia, the world's largest oil producer, needs to sell oil at around $106 to balance its budget, according to IMF estimates. The kingdom barely has enough fiscal buffers to survive five years of $50 oil, the IMF said.

That's why Saudi Arabia is moving fast to preserve cash. The kingdom not only raised $4 billion by selling bonds earlier this year, but its central bank has yanked up to $70 billion from asset management firms like BlackRock (BLK) over the past six months.

After years of huge surpluses, Saudi Arabia's current account deficit is projected to soar to 20% of gross domestic product this year, Capital Economics estimates. Saudi Arabia's war chest of cash is still humungous at nearly $700 billion, but it's shrinking fast.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/25/inve...c-middle-east/

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/a...st-780x439.png
Yes government's can't just keep endlessly spending money above their revenues. They could run up huge deficits, like billions and billions or even trillions in theory. That's just theory of course, could never really happy in reality of course. http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Old 11-26-2015, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Has anyone gone to look at the fleet in the storage facility?
Old 11-26-2015, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I'll go one better. Attached is the tender document.[ATTACH=CONFIG]547560[/ATTACH]

The MTI (Superboat class 40-footer) is listed in "Lot B." It was mentioned in the speedonthewater story. One Victory boat (No. 95) is kind of tucked away in "Lot E." I didn't see any other Victory boats in the material, but I will see Steve Curtis, the Spirit of Qatar teams's former manager (as I'm sure you know) in Key West this week and ask him. I'll get back to you.

When is the auction happening? I didn't see a date listed in registration form.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Tomorrow (17th) is the final day for bids to be received in Qatar. Anybody submit a bid for the big girl? I beleive it was only going with the T53's not the a full package including the T55 shootout 'bines.....
Old 12-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the current location of all the stuff?
Old 12-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by cagedlx
what is the current location of all the stuff?
Prob Orlando where the team was based out of

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.