Notices

Building a Sleeper

Old 09-08-2016, 09:33 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Yes !

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
Nothing screams "it's a rental" like wearing these bad boys.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BBCLiberator
Story?
A story? Of course there is a story!

So yesterday, a buddy of mine and I where leaving a favorite watering hole. As we approached the no wake zone at the Hwy 150 Bridge here on LKN, I noticed a bass boat come up quickly on our stern. We passed under the bridge, and he pulled along side, giving a gentlemen's nod, and thumbs up, to our exhaust note.
Approaching the other side of the no wake, he started to pull away. I proceeded to ask my 720HP to wake up, which they all gladly did. At the 65 mph mark, the fisherman looked over with a surprised look on his face, see us along side. At 70, we started to pull away, and around 73 , the chop picked up and he quickly backed off from us.

Like stated earlier, it was fun while it lasted.

Have a few more stories to share, but wanted to get videos to go with. Thought I had a good one with a Donzi 26ZX on Sunday, but as soon as we pulled along side, and he got in ear shot of my exhaust, he changed his mind. Looks like mufflers are next!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
Nothing screams "it's a rental" like wearing these bad boys.

Will try those out this weekend.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Registered

Latest speed update. Had BBlades lab a 25P Mirage Plus recently. Got boat one water yesterday afternoon with me and a quarter tank of fuel. Saw 75 GPS MPH constant @ 5600 RPMs Could tease it to 76, but I think 75 is more on par.

Still havent tried a shorty yet, still enjoying the boat on the weekends,, but boating season is coming to a close here in NC and we can get it back in the shop for more updates and testing.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your thread (and the pix of the Doral! LOL) have convinced me that this is the way to go.
Thanks for sharing, man. Great project!
Old 06-24-2017, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone was saying to save the old engine for future resale value. But I think that the value of the boat is definitely higher you can even use this forum post as a selling feature.For sure the boat is more valuable ...market it as the fastest 25 fountain single engine in the world..but selling it is probably the last thing you are thinking...

Now I am thinking about a 32 foot searay 80 mph project.Imagine a sundeck with kitchen , flat screen and everything for the comfort of home...
Old 06-24-2017, 07:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by turbos230
Someone was saying to save the old engine for future resale value. But I think that the value of the boat is definitely higher you can even use this forum post as a selling feature.For sure the boat is more valuable ...market it as the fastest 25 fountain single engine in the world..but selling it is probably the last thing you are thinking...

Now I am thinking about a 32 foot searay 80 mph project.Imagine a sundeck with kitchen , flat screen and everything for the comfort of home...
Fountain? Oops. I think you meant Formula.
Don't wants to upset Reggie fans, or Formula fans for that matter!

RR
Old 06-24-2017, 08:56 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by turbos230

There is a 45ft Wellcraft cruiser here on the boards that does that. Arneson's, 1000+hp engines, big whipples, and a few beds. And it's for sale if you are interested.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
There is a 45ft Wellcraft cruiser here on the boards that does that. Arneson's, 1000+hp engines, big whipples, and a few beds. And it's for sale if you are interested.
Talk about a wild build that thing is retarded. Didn't sutphen30 put that together?
Old 06-25-2017, 12:56 PM
SB
Registered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.