Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why aren't there many MCOB's East of the Mississippi (NE, SE and Mid West)? >

Why aren't there many MCOB's East of the Mississippi (NE, SE and Mid West)?

Notices

Why aren't there many MCOB's East of the Mississippi (NE, SE and Mid West)?

Old 11-16-2015, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owned a 2003 ZXO for 3 years. It was a great boat. I miss it at times, however with where we boat now 99% of the time it did not fit our needs any more so we moved to an open bow. If you have any questions I can try to give you some input. I don't think there were a ton of changes for 03 to 07.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by turbofox54
Seems like just a preference thing. The east coast started the performance boat scene and was always focused on being the traditional offshore style. It seems the mid west builders were more open to different designs,maybe because there customers were on lakes and rivers and not gonna be running in big stuff. I like the MCOB layout as it let's you take more people out but still have a boat that will be good if you run into some snotty water. Envision made a few models and has a 36 that has a ton of rear deck seating plus the MCOB. I have seen a few reasonable but it's hard to get much info on their build quality as there aren't many around. I'm just partial to them as they are what the Pachanga turned into. The Sunsations are really nice and prolly a little more offshore worthy than the Envisions. If it fits what you want to do I'd go for it, an MCOB will be on my list for a next boat as it would work great for around here in the Bay and Rivers.
Not sure about the east coast starting the performance scene....don arronow is rolling over in his grave as we speak
Old 11-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
Not sure about the east coast starting the performance scene....don arronow is rolling over in his grave as we speak
Isn't he known as the founder of Thunderboat Row?
Old 11-16-2015, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by turbofox54
Isn't he known as the founder of Thunderboat Row?
Yeah, that's in florida
Old 11-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Registered

Last I checked Florida is on the east coast....I didn't mean any disrespect,obviously he is the founder of many of the great boat lines.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I have a 70+mph 28 footer that I would sell
Old 11-16-2015, 09:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by formula1
Not sure exactly. Don't want too small so that it would be difficult to get thru the mid cabin, but don't necessarily want a big 30+ (unless the $ is right). It seems with the hull technology today, a lot of under 30' boats are running single BBC's and getting pretty good performance out of them. If I could find something capable of 60-70mph, I'd be happy.
I realize we are a long ways away from each other but I have a mint, low hour Advantage 25 Citation for sale. I don't think you'll find a cleaner or nicer 2008 25' mid cabin open bow. I'd be open to partial delivery if it ends up being a boat your interested in. Your inbox is full so PM me if you want. Thanks.

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/38637
Old 12-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Registered

I will definitely vouch on how clean the 25' advantage is. the owner is a clean freak