Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Desert storm poker run decisions. >

Desert storm poker run decisions.

Notices

Desert storm poker run decisions.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desert storm poker run decisions.

Ok, so my dcb will be ready first of the year. I had planned to have boat deliveried to Florida to be used 3-4 weeks during Jan.-March. I'm not real excited to use my brand new boat in salt water for 2 weeks at a time. Then leave in storage somewhere there. I can rent a boat for my needs a few times in Cape Coral for about the price I could store my boat for the months.

I have never been to lake havasu. From the pictures it looks beautiful. I could leave my boat with dcb until desert storm and do the poker run and fly out for a week. I am wondering if it's definately worth changing plans. I was also wondering if going in March for a week to lake havasu would be to early. Is there enough to do around the lake for a week or would I get really bored? The lake appears be small and not very developed Commericially.

Any help or thoughts to this situation would be great.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

It is a small town, and I've only been there for Desert Storm, and there is plenty to do then mainly cause of all the people to see I.e friends... I bet in March you would have the place to your self just about. It is a small lake, the real boating on the west coast is the California Delta. Just ask Tony C. And he will say the same thing. Havasu is a show for desert storm no doubt.

Why again would you be coming in March? You plan on coming to Havasu twice?

Weather in March would still be pretty good I'm sure. That would be the time to really check it out without the crowds
Old 11-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My opinion, and only worth what you paid for it-
I'd leave the new one at DCB, go out in March, put some run time on it and get a feel for it. Rent a CC in Cape Coma and let someone else worry about storage, upkeep, ground in Cheetoh dust and footprints.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave is a great guy and will definitely take care of you if you leave the boat in Havasu. Plus, being able to take it out with them and have them take care of any little issues/changes/additions you might want would be priceless!
Again, free advice here, but call Dave and Tony and get something set up for West coast boating!
Old 11-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Go to Havasu. I will be there and I enjoy laughing at you in various parts of the country.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:19 PM
Registered

Go to Havasu multiple times you will love it! Great place with lots of gearheads.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My opinion (having grown up at Havasu) is to use it at desert storm. The hardware there that week is incredible. Literally thousands of boats out there between poker runners and spectators. The cool thing about Havasu that you don't see here in Florida is that every boat there is a nice performance boat, entry level on up. You'll love the number of DCBs there too.

The lake being small is a relative term. It's 25+ miles long and plenty wide. I bet you'll think it's bigger than it looks, lots of room to run wide open. Cruise up river to pirates cove is awesome, south to Havasu springs for great food and drinks.

Weather in March is iffy, sometimes beautiful sometimes cold and windy. Both March and April the water is still cold though lol.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Screw that salt water. Rip around on lake Havasu and hang out at In And Out Burger.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Havasu all day! What a great place and one of our favorite to travel if we leave the Great Lakes!
Old 11-23-2015, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

March in Havasu is great.That is when i do most of my testing and setup getting ready for DS.
And it is spring break every weekend so book early.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.