Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Alright...What's the deal with this MD Serial Sniper? >

OT: Alright...What's the deal with this MD Serial Sniper?

Notices

OT: Alright...What's the deal with this MD Serial Sniper?

Old 10-07-2002, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs down OT: Alright...What's the deal with this MD Serial Sniper?

I just heard some **** about some whacko knocking off some kid at a school and then they say, there's like 6 more he did last week???????

I just heard about this for the furst time...What's the scoop? They really need to get this son of a ***** already
Old 10-07-2002, 10:56 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What school ????

My son attends Loyola down in Baltimore.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:02 AM
Registered

Jeez Daze...where ya been. This has been al over the news for the past week. They got some crack shot with a high powered rifle taking pot shots at innocent people. The cops have3 NOTHING so far, and the FBI profilers have said the/they will continue to shoot until they are caught.

They don't believe it is terrorists. Here's the story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,64751,00.html
Old 10-07-2002, 11:16 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I tend not to watch the news, but yes this is true. He was thought to be in a white box van, like a Volvo, cab-over last week. A LOT of these vans were pulled over and given the once over. He is using a high powered hunting rifle, (.228) or something. There are I think 6 confirmed deaths from this guy in DC & MD, and they are are linking the gun to more shootings in the 3 'state' area, DC, MD, and VA. I was in Montomery County, MD, the night after the 5 shootings. They literally had instituted a curfew. All school outdoor activities are cancelled; recess, field trips, off campus lunches, etc. It is a sad time.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:39 AM
jr

Of course after this started to happen the damn news media jumps for any anti-gun nut who is willing to talk to a camera.

They immediately started spouting ASSAULT RIFLE, ASSAULT RIFLE. There are a bunch of nuts holding AR-15's spouting this uses a .223 and they are banned. Give me an F-ing break. .223 is one very widely used cartridge. It isn't JUST used in the AR-15.

Another jerk-off was saying how nasty the .223 is. My 30-06 has 3 times the knock down and shoots just as fast.

Just one more excuse for them to try and SAVE THE WORLD.

Old 10-07-2002, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys!
I hadn't heard about this until this morning on the radio...I was out of touch with reality last week. I was on business in Wichita, Kansas(Ya, I know).

Anyway, I didn't know it's as bad as you guys mentioned. And I'm with you jr, this has nothing to do with the kind of weapon or gun-control in any way shape or form...It's about the psycho pulling the trigger.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

It was a Middle School in Bowie, MD.

www.nbc4.com has a lot of info; including a slide show.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JR,

I agree with you on the Anti gun nuts, hey the AR-15 are not banned are they?? I have one and haven't heard anything??

Will
Old 10-07-2002, 12:51 PM
Registered

all i know this sniper is screwing up my TV programs.. i am home for the day and just wanna watch my soap opera's and eat poon pie
Old 10-07-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

jr,
Give the police credit, they displayed a table full of rifles that shoot .223 cartridges. But of course, the media only shows the AR15, probably because it was the "meanest" looking rifle. I used to think the networks just did stuff like that for the ratings, but their anti-gun agenda just gets more obvious.
Gary

Quick Reply: OT: Alright...What's the deal with this MD Serial Sniper?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.