Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I now have perect posture! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33285-i-now-have-perect-posture.html)

Intolerant1 09-18-2002 10:41 PM

I now have perect posture!

Just thought I would check in and let you folks know that my fusion surgery went well. I have already regained strength in my left foot as well as sensation in my left foot, leg, and right leg. I did have a fairly serious complication during the surgery in that the Dura(the cover that contains your cerbral/spinal fluid) was damaged trying to free it from the scar tissue of previous surgeryies. This meant and extended stay and having to lie flat on my back for several days. Thwy kept me so doped up I really dot recall much. As a mater of fact, Im higher than a kite on Percocet and Valium right now so pardon my grammer. I walked umaided to the end of my driveway todat, about 25 feet. After that I felt as if I had ran a marathon and slept for several hours. Anyway, thats about all Im good for now. Hope all is well with everyone else.

Tonto 09-18-2002 10:46 PM

Chris
Glad to hear that you are the road to recovery :D I hope that all goes well for you. GODSPEED :D
Robert

Smitty 09-18-2002 10:50 PM

Glad to hear you are doing O.K. and can get out in the sun for at least a few minutes.

We all wish you a speedy recovery!!!

candyman35 09-18-2002 11:12 PM

Chris,
Glad to see you are back and doing better. Hope this finally fixes all the problems. You may need to get a bigger boat. Let’s call it preventive Medicine. :p :D I'd be willing to take you and Kathi for a run next season. That way she will want a new boat more than you. :D You always have to make the wife happy.;) I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Dan

Quiet Storm 09-18-2002 11:44 PM

Chris

I'm glad to hear that everything went well. Let me know when you want to get together and watch the boats go by on my deck in South Haven. Any time is fine.;) :D

Roger

Milord 09-19-2002 12:37 AM

Chris, that's great news, glad everything went well. Here's to a speedy recovery!

James

mxz800 09-19-2002 12:57 AM

glad things went well! hoping for a speedy recovery

puder 09-19-2002 02:51 AM

glad to hear it went well!!! Feel better soon!!!

FYI your typign liek me now :D

Iggy 09-19-2002 05:33 AM

Man, I feel your pain.
I had mine fixed last December. No fusion but still had a two months recovery, then four months of light duty work.
Don't push it, take it easy. The better it heals, the longer it'll last.

Good luck.

Payton 09-19-2002 07:03 AM

Chris,
Glad to hear it. Take your time getting better. Spend your days shopping for bigger boats on the internet.;)