Speed limits in tidal waters. This mean you NJ >

Speed limits in tidal waters. This mean you NJ

Notices

Speed limits in tidal waters. This mean you NJ

Old 09-19-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RonP:

This sounds like an ideal lobbying effort for powerboat clubs.

We, as indiviudals cannot affect the momentum of a proposed law like this. I believe you'll see some similarities with the Recreational Fishing Association lobbying the NMFS. It has taken a great deal of effort and money, but the organized effort is finally bringing some rationale to the recreation and commercial fishing regulations.

We need to develop an organization as a rallying point. The organization needs to include, or hire, attorneys and lobbyists who understand the issue.

As a powerboater who normally exceeds the proposed speed limits, I would contribute money and time to fight this ridiculous proposal.

Tom
Old 09-20-2002, 02:16 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default speed

Ya know this really pisses me off. It seems the old farts, fisherman, and blow boaters are taking over. When was the last time a fisherman was given a ticket for fishing inside the channel? I am always dodging these damn guys everytime I go around Sandy Hook, or going up to NYC.

And a 40mph speed limit, that is rediculous. I can't even do 40mph on my boat. I mean I could see a 50-60mph speedlimit on the weekends. Usually it's so busy in the Navesink and Shrewsbury river I can't go fast safely anyway. For that I go out to the bay.

As far as barnegat though! The bay is friggin huge, and if you want to go fast there is plenty of room if you go out of the channel and know where you are going. Maybe the speedlimit should only be in the channel???? I always thought there was a "so called" speedlimit anyway? The way I understand it, is you can go as fast as you want when not close to other vessels? Damn blow boaters just hate speedboaters. Sometimes a few bad eggs ruin it for all of us.
Old 09-20-2002, 05:43 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know in the Cape May/Wildwood area along the ICW you see those fish feeders all over the channel. More than once just above Two Mile Crab House I would swear I was on a slalom course. I usually enjoy dropping the Formula just off plane and keep the tabs and drives up . Then I have a wake like the 4 and 6 hour head boats going by too They don't slow them diesels down and put out three and four foot wakes.
I've gone fishing with a coworker in the same location (in his boat of course) but we stayed the hell out of the channel. I mean how much sense does that take, Duh
Old 09-20-2002, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WE WANT TO HELP

Extreme Boats Magazine want's focus on these issues that are adversely affecting our powerboating rights. We are currently in search of someone to head-up this section on a monthly basics. Our goal is to educate our readers on how to fight for their boating rights before there all GONE!

Interested parties can contact [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Speed limits in tidal waters. This mean you NJ-extreme_small_logo.jpg  
Old 09-20-2002, 07:02 PM
Registered

HEY CSPRAY great pic

personally, i dont think it would pass. theres no way theyde be able to enforce it, unless they confiscate jetset. cmon, do you really think that two boston whalers in the barnegate bay are gonna keep up with all you go fasters. i dont think so. plus, they certainly dont have the budget to put more boats and cops on the water.

JUST MY INPUT
Old 09-20-2002, 07:08 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

You've got mail!
Old 09-20-2002, 07:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Extreme
We Florida guys have some Major Issues that would make good Copy Also.
The one to see for that would Be Mr. Dean Ferry He is here somewhere!
Old 09-20-2002, 07:18 PM
Registered

Default SPEED LIMIT MY ASS

HEY RON P.

WAZZZZUP.....IM NOT GONNA SPEND ALL THIS MONEY TO TRY TO GET MY TURTLE TO GO FAST AND THEN HAVE SOME LAW SPOIL ALL MY FUN
Old 09-20-2002, 07:23 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Don't worry Bruce, at 30 mph you'll be running out of throttle
Old 09-20-2002, 07:30 PM
Registered

Default SPEED LIMIT MY ASS

ALL WE GOTTA DO IS INVITE ALL 6 MARINE COPS AS GUESTS TO OUR OUTINGS AND WE GOT THAT LAW LICKED

Quick Reply: Speed limits in tidal waters. This mean you NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.