Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Weird:  Opportunity at Havasu this weekend - who's game? >

Weird: Opportunity at Havasu this weekend - who's game?

Notices

Weird: Opportunity at Havasu this weekend - who's game?

Old 09-19-2002, 10:26 AM
Uncle Toys

Default Weird: Opportunity at Havasu this weekend - who's game?

Ok, this might be a little off center, but here goes. My wife and I were informed two nights ago that our kids (and or their friends) have other things to do this weekend besides going to the lake with us.

We actually thought that was kind of kewl – no getting up early to take anyone wakeboarding, no staying up late waiting to see what the kids brought home with them. We called the usual suspects (friends) and everyone has plans. This is the first time since we bought the place that no one is going up with us. How weird!

So here’s the deal. We have an extra bedroom with a queen size bed and it’s own bathroom available. We have a decent boat that cruises four around the lake comfortably. Plenty of beer, patio furniture, a barbeque, a blender, etc – and no one to share it with.

Any suggestions?

Lutz, why don’t you surprise Amy with a quick flight out. We could pick you up in Vegas tomorrow afternoon.

Philip, you’re the boss, plus, you promised Kim you would take her to Haavathew.

Fred, they can flip burgers without you for one weekend.

Jon, this would certainly impress that new girlfriend.

Nort, we will still be seen with you.

Tank, back-flip competition for who buys?

Blondie, dump the kids and Doug and come on out (ok, I guess you could bring Doug).

Last edited by Uncle Toys; 09-19-2002 at 10:28 AM.

Old 09-19-2002, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a very generous open invatation. Too bad I cant take you up on it, hopefully someone can go and have a blast with you.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:45 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn it why not next weekend!!!! I will be in LA From Thursday late afternoon to Tuesday Late AM. Of course you could go up there by yourselves and shag like minx's

Jon
Old 09-19-2002, 01:03 PM
Uncle Toys

Jon - My daughter is going to hurl tonight when she reads your post

Old 09-19-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

Toy's You greedy dude. And to think I'm trying to get you into Offshore and you want to get into my action ?????

Douggie Fresh
Old 09-19-2002, 02:04 PM
Registered

I don't post a lot, but I'm here almost every day checking out what's going on, and after meeting a few of you at the 1000 Islands Poker Run I think I have a pretty good feel for who the good guys are. (more members than not, thankfully)

There are very few people who would offer up their lake house, and call this "a decent boat that cruises around the lake"

Last edited by blue-llama; 09-19-2002 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:39 PM
Uncle Toys

blue-llama -

Dougie Fresh - Isn't your oldest daughter ready to watch the others for a weekend? Temp is suppose to mid 104 to 106, water temp around 82, beer temp - cold!

Old 09-19-2002, 06:17 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Got Havasu?

Hey UT...myself & Mrs HH might be out there...

I got new steering put on our boat, and I'm struggling to put it back together by tomorrow. If we make it, we'll definately look you guys up...

Old 09-19-2002, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 2,957 Likes on 981 Posts

Joe, you're my hero man! Like blue llama said, you are one of the good guys!

Thanks for the invite, would love to take you up on it, but I have to take Kelly and Taylor to Magic Mountain saturday and I just found out an hour ago I have to work on Sunday O.T. baby!! Thanks again brother, and we'll see you at the poker run!!
Old 09-19-2002, 06:29 PM
Registered

Toys, I would go in a second but we are going to a fellow SCOPE members B-Day party Sat. night. Then maybe a Hangover speed run on Sunday.

Douggie

Quick Reply: Weird: Opportunity at Havasu this weekend - who's game?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.