Converting another boater into an Arneson Believer >

Converting another boater into an Arneson Believer

Notices

Converting another boater into an Arneson Believer

Old 12-16-2015, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
We do a lot of our own work, so I understand everything you're saying, but what I'm getting at is that the Bravo-Arneson conversion isn't as simple as remove your bravo, bolt on the arneson and go boating.

And in no way am I bashing the Arnesons because that is what I hope to be running by next summer.
No worries - and I absolutely agree with your comment on not being a direct bolt-on conversion.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no such thing as plug and play in this industry.....like Tibbstoy2 mentioned "the end result is worth the changes". For us the docking and steering were also greatly improved but the piece of mind not having to worry about when the drive is going to come apart is priceless.

We started our second conversion last week. Though not required we are starting with a clean slate.
Attached Thumbnails Converting another boater into an Arneson Believer-img_1788.jpg   Converting another boater into an Arneson Believer-img_1945.jpg   Converting another boater into an Arneson Believer-img_1946.jpg  

Last edited by brian41; 12-16-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
There is no such thing as plug and play in this industry.....like Tibbstoy2 mentioned "the end result is worth the changes". For us the docking and steering were also greatly improved but the piece of mind not having to worry about when the drive is going to come apart is priceless.

We started our second conversion last week. Though not required we are starting with a clean slate.
Yeah - the docking thing is worth noting too... the BAM transmissions making the actual thrust happen a lot quicker than bravo's... (bravo's have a delay because of the way the clutch works). I've found that back up thrust is a bit different with the cleaver props, but that's not an Arneson thing, just an SSM propeller characteristic.

Wholeheartedly agree with Brian on not worrying about failures... I remember checking XR/XZ/IMCO SC drive magnets after every ride hoping to run the boat another day without pulling the prop shafts out... makes me want to throw up just recalling it.

Last edited by Tibbstoy2; 12-16-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How do those exhaust tips work for you? I was thinking about trying to fabricate something similar to divert exhaust under water, like a turn-down. But still want the option to go loud if I want.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:26 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

My bad....they sure do make it sound very simple on the site:
http://new.arneson-industries.com/bravo-conversion

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Budman II
How do those exhaust tips work for you? I was thinking about trying to fabricate something similar to divert exhaust under water, like a turn-down. But still want the option to go loud if I want.
I love them... I used to have CMI sound elimination system mufflers and they were pretty good, but they wore out! CMI didn't design them with rebuildable bushings... so over time, they just rattled all the stainless steel slots loose... We fabricated these by laser cutting stainless sheet, rolled them and welded them up. We welded in the pin supports (so that the pin's not riding on the stainless wall) and added room for bronze bushings.

The other thing that worked out well was making sure the flapper sealed just off vertical (so the plate is more of an oval than round) - making it self-stop when it's tight.

For me, it's the only way to have dry exhaust to the tip to avoid reversion and still have the silent choice effect. The boat is a real sleeper in the channels. The beginning of this video gives an idea:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/115888891526496766471/albums/6039576953672683329/6039576953716231154

Last edited by Tibbstoy2; 12-16-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:19 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Great upgrade with great results!

Do you care to mention the cost of the ASD upgrade? Seems it never gets mentioned even when Rik gets asked directly.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...ts-o50789.html
Old 12-16-2015, 12:20 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41

Looks like a 38' Top Gun!!
Old 12-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 150 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by chris21hope
Cool boat, cooler people!
I agree Chris, great people
Old 12-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

So 50K in parts from you, then props and the all important rigging/labor.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.