Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FAST FOUNTAIN WHAT HAPPENED???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33333-fast-fountain-what-happened.html)

Goodfella 09-21-2002 12:00 PM

Thanks for the info RON P!
This whole deal isn't over yet, Fastboats.com is appealing the
decision as we speak. Carbonell opened a HUGE can of worms
when he didn't handle the situation at hand in the dry pits in New York. He should have DQed Bankcheaters and moved everyone in the class ahead pure and simple. :cool:

Offshore News 09-21-2002 01:18 PM

Ron P.
Agreed, cheaters should be called cheaters and should pay for it in the standings.

Ron P 09-21-2002 02:17 PM

In the other thread on this subject, someone mentions a class action lawsuit is being brought against SBI for covering up the cheating or some ****.

Now this is taking it a bit too far isn't it?

Why run with SBI and then get pissed when someone cheats? Is SBI supposed to be an honor system? ABPA sure isn't on the honor system. If you don't want to race against cheater then race with APBA where the rules as strictly enforced.

I know its a pain in the ass to be inspected but it's the only way to know if the fleet is legal and a fair race will be held for all involved.

FAST FOUNTAIN 09-21-2002 03:37 PM

Originally posted by Ron P
In the other thread on this subject, someone mentions a class action lawsuit is being brought against SBI for covering up the cheating or some ****.

Now this is taking it a bit too far isn't it?

Why run with SBI and then get pissed when someone cheats? Is SBI supposed to be an honor system? ABPA sure isn't on the honor system. If you don't want to race against cheater then race with APBA where the rules as strictly enforced.

I know its a pain in the ass to be inspected but it's the only way to know if the fleet is legal and a fair race will be held for all involved.

Ron, Is a class action too far? In any motor sport if there is a protest there is an inspection. Did you ever hear of someone refusing a post race inspection before? There is a lot riding on this. There is a National title. There is a $30,000 Motorcycle donated by Ray Anthony from the Aqua Toy Store at stake. You don't think it's rediculas that 3 boats were DQ'ed because they Protested a cheater. This is a very expensive sport. They deserve to be protected against cheating by the rules. If the Chairman of SBI decides to DQ all the other boats to protect the cheater from loosing the National title thats conspirecy to commit fraud. There are thousands of dollars riding on this. From racing costs, to prize money, entry fees and don't forget sponsers money. The sponsers of coarse want a winning boat. I know the Class action has some very big people behind it. John C minimized the point of Bank Beaters cheating so rediculasly in his "Final Ruling letter". "Bank Beaters DQ'ed for ECU's not meeting SBI specs". GIVE ME A BREAK! He cheated! I think John C made a very poor judgement not handling this properly at the race site.

snglestack 09-21-2002 06:20 PM

WHO PUT UP THE CASH FOR THE PROTEST AS PER THE RULE BOOK? IF NOBODY DID THEN THE WHOLE ISSUE IS CLOSED RULE BOOK STATES CASH NOT RUBBER CHECKS OR MAXED OUT CREDIT CARDS:( :( :( :( :cool: :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GOFSTCAT 09-21-2002 06:22 PM

were you there ? the cash was put up but not acepted by sbi

Ron P 09-21-2002 07:37 PM

I'm not against an action to right this wrong and to change the national standings. I would hope it could be done outside of the court system. But a class action???

Maybe you just meant that John would be sued for damages. Who was damaged and how much is it worth? 30K? It seems like the only person that would have damages to claim would be the person who came in second place for the bike. How can you put a price on the National Championship title?

Please explain the rules to win the bike? Is it just for this one class of boats?

Smittymarine 09-21-2002 08:06 PM

Why is it that I never hear the racers crying on this board, only the wanna bees.

Smittymarine 09-21-2002 08:26 PM

Too old. I ran every race SBI had this year, and had an absolute blast. Funny though I have never heard any racer ever even mention this board. Want to have a good time at a race? Come to the worlds, look for a boat called Wazzup, and I will personally show you how to wave a great time. Our crew can rock!

FAST FOUNTAIN 09-21-2002 08:29 PM

Originally posted by Ron P
I'm not against an action to right this wrong and to change the national standings. I would hope it could be done outside of the court system. But a class action???

Maybe you just meant that John would be sued for damages. Who was damaged and how much is it worth? 30K? It seems like the only person that would have damages to claim would be the person who came in second place for the bike. How can you put a price on the National Championship title?

Please explain the rules to win the bike? Is it just for this one class of boats?

The National Champ from each class gets his name in a hat.