Travel from the US to a port near Cancun Mexico

Notices

Travel from the US to a port near Cancun Mexico

Old 01-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
I will run you over there. When are you wanting to go?
I think he needs to go in two weeks.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by jetskidrewski
Xanax and Johnny walker - Not a strong enough combo... Have already tried it.

Have you looked into Cozumel? Busy cruise port. - Problem with Cruises is they don't stay long enough... And once you get off (beyond the 5-8 hour scheduled stay) I'm not aware of a way to get back to the US. If you miss the boat the cruise company typically requires you to fly back to the US.

Last edited by phragle; 01-06-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:40 PM
ben
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
I will run you over there. When are you wanting to go?
Sounds like the best option, heck I'd buy a plane ticket to Florida just to go on the boat ride!
Old 01-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
4mg Ativan 50 mg benadryl and 5 mg haldol, you will be sleeping like a baby as the zombie apocalypse rages around you, B52+2 Throw in a shot of your favorite jet fuel and you will be there before you know it.
No, No, No,,, Bad things happen when someone gives bad advise, or try to play doctor on the internet !
Old 01-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cheap cruises from Galveston to Cozumel, $299 to $399 book two, take one to get there, and take another cruise to get back home, might actually be cheaper than airfare, and a whole lot more fun
Old 01-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I need to be there Jan 27-28 any surrounding days are optional. I'm very flexible.

I'd love to have you run me down Bob, if serious (sorry if I misread any bit of seriousness there) what's the approximate cost? Finding a boat was my real preference but my Baja 232 isn't a reasonable choice...

I'm having my travel agent look into two cruises, but I don't think the cruise lines typically allow that, I think once you 'miss' the boat they make you fly back to the US.

I've tried to find freighters that will take passengers as well, but it doesn't seem like there are really any options. I can drive from Detroit to any place in the Gulf Coast to board for the journey across the Gulf.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

yes u can book on a cruse ship from Houston and take another back,,,
just have to have it documented that way in advance,,,gets costly as 1 way travels are more expensive
also I used to race champboat series and from Houston to bay city was a 26 hr straight drive each way
I had a bud get married overseas and wanted all the wedding party to pay their own way over also
my answer + others was ,,, could not go ,,,,,,,and paid for portion of their travel/honeymoon
and a reception was planned when they returned
Old 01-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jetskidrewski
I need to be there Jan 27-28 any surrounding days are optional. I'm very flexible.

I'd love to have you run me down Bob, if serious (sorry if I misread any bit of seriousness there) what's the approximate cost? Finding a boat was my real preference but my Baja 232 isn't a reasonable choice...

I'm having my travel agent look into two cruises, but I don't think the cruise lines typically allow that, I think once you 'miss' the boat they make you fly back to the US.

I've tried to find freighters that will take passengers as well, but it doesn't seem like there are really any options. I can drive from Detroit to any place in the Gulf Coast to board for the journey across the Gulf.
Witnessed 2 girls that missed boarding their cruise ship in Cozumel, were just ushered onto ours. Had different port of calls In U.S but at least it took them back. Was same cruise company.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:49 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.transitionsabroad.com/lis...he-world.shtml

might be able to book passage on a freighter, might also end up in Egypt if their itinerary changes.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
http://www.transitionsabroad.com/lis...he-world.shtml

might be able to book passage on a freighter, might also end up in Egypt if their itinerary changes.
Apologize but this is funny to me....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.