Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
so what does the 2016 SBI season hold in store? >

so what does the 2016 SBI season hold in store?

Notices

so what does the 2016 SBI season hold in store?

Old 01-12-2016, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Comped has really thought this out, and I agree with his post above 100%.

There are tons of places in key west to watch the races. Most are gouging on prices to the point no normal person would pay to go see it. I don't know about any other race sites...

The VIP in key west was amazing for someone interested in the sport, but for anyone else they'd laugh at the price.

I think just some organization in the pits would be a great thing... all classes together. Instead of spread out from one end to the other.

Teams like second amendment, do a great job selling merchandise... (at Supercross you can buy an event shirt about every 25 feet inside an arena. The pits are also laid out nicely, and evenly)

This sport (hobby) has relied on the patrons having dump trucks full of disposable income since the late 80s...

The people that can justify the vip cost are far outnumbered by the small family that would pay $20 per adult and kids under 5 $10.

Just my $.02

Last edited by PigNaPoke; 01-12-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand what you're saying but unfortunately that's reality of life today the cost of anything is out of control. It's a business like any other business, try taking a family of four to Disney, SeaWorld, baseball, football, or to NASCAR. Boat racing then becomes a very cheap alternative.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Lol I just looked up nascar prices. Wow. Never been an will never go.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:11 AM
Registered

Hopefully if NBC continues to add shows the fans that can't afford to go to the races will be able to watch it on network TV. With 3 shows for last yr we'll have to see what this yr brings.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
I understand what you're saying but unfortunately that's reality of life today the cost of anything is out of control. It's a business like any other business, try taking a family of four to Disney, SeaWorld, baseball, football, or to NASCAR. Boat racing then becomes a very cheap alternative.
Yes but NASCAR will field 40 plus cars , Disneyland will have all the rides working, baseball and football will have complete teams playing in established leagues.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Registered

I guess it's all personal preference you couldn't get me to sit in the stands and pay that kind of money in Minnesota this week at 15 below zero and say that they enjoyed that but that's me
Old 01-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

I guess it's all personal preference you couldn't get me to sit in the stands and pay that kind of money in Minnesota this week at 15 below zero and say that they enjoyed that but that's me
Have you ever been to a playoff football game? The electricity in the building is something that words can't describe!
Old 01-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Yes but NASCAR will field 40 plus cars , Disneyland will have all the rides working, baseball and football will have complete teams playing in established leagues.

Exactly. But the prices go up. Point is now- what comes 1st, the chicken or the egg kinda thing
Old 01-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Registered

It's definitely not NASCAR never said it was what I said was it's a much cheaper alternative for people to enjoy a sporting event with their family. Most people cannot afford to do major sporting events like boat racing for the price.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts

It's definitely not NASCAR never said it was what I said was it's a much cheaper alternative for people to enjoy a sporting event with their family. Most people cannot afford to do major sporting events like boat racing for the price.
I agree and I can respect that you dont want to sit in the cold stands of a football game. I dont either. but this is an important point. why do people go to those games? why do they pay to go to NASCAR? it is not the value, it is the perceived value. they go because they feel it it worth it for what ever reason they have. when you charge a gate fee at an offshore event or dont present the pits right, etc. there is no perceived value to the people that dont have a strong interest in the first place. you have to bring the people in and give them something that makes them get interested. there are ways to do that and smarter people than me can and will come up with plenty if only someone would listen and be open to new ideas. one thing that is severely lacking is advertising at the events. that is on SBI and I know that JC feels there is no value in media, my late wife battled that with him often. the problem with the tv shows is that they are boring. so is NASCAR 90% of the time but they edit together to make it seem better than it is. that is a product of lots of camera angles and good announcers.
as I have said, it is not that offshore cant be fixed but more that those that control it dont want to listen to new ideas or change the status quo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.