Countdown to Miami: Skater Displaying Two 318 Catamarans

Notices

Countdown to Miami: Skater Displaying Two 318 Catamarans

Old 01-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,221 Posts
Default Countdown to Miami: Skater Displaying Two 318 Catamarans

Two beautiful Skater 318 catamaran are headed for next month's Miami Boat Show, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...318-catamarans
Old 01-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats interesting- did not know max length was 36 ft for in tent at show. That is going to put a crimp in the Center Console guys.....
Old 01-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by wannabe
Thats interesting- did not know max length was 36 ft for in tent at show. That is going to put a crimp in the Center Console guys.....
Yeah, it actually creates multiple issues. I interviewed Peter Hledin yesterday for an upcoming feature on Steve Lane's outboard-powered 318, and he said he could not bring a brand new Skater—of any size—and park it in saltwater. (Most owners wouldn't let it happen, he said.) With Dave's Scotto's SL 52, Outerlimits actually is going to be pulling the boat out of the water every day—at least that was the plan when I last checked. (It could have changed.)
Old 01-15-2016, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well that sucks.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, we all know water is bad for boats.......
Old 01-15-2016, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Heading to the show for the first time I hope it doesn't suck. I was really looking forward to it.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by wannabe
Yeah, we all know water is bad for boats.......
OK, fair enough, but riddle me this: If you just spent $300,000 to $1.5 million on a boat you'd never driven, would you want it sitting in saltwater for a week before you drove it for the first time?
Old 01-15-2016, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
OK, fair enough, but riddle me this: If you just spent $300,000 to $1.5 million on a boat you'd never driven, would you want it sitting in saltwater for a week before you drove it for the first time?
Yea Matt, and can you imagine if it wasn't yanked out every night and something happened and it was on the bottom in the morning. It does happen. I have waited for my rig since ordering it in September of 2014. It will be about a year and a half wait before I get to run it at home for the first time. Would not allow it to go if it was going to be in the water. We actually discussed it going down a while ago and Skater didn't want it to go if the only option was for it to sit in the water. I think Pete is spot on with his position. Now if they had a company owned boat that they were trying to sell I would understand. I would not want to have to call anybody and have a conversation about their boat that they have been waiting for a year plus is under 10 foot of water. Ouch.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
yes
Old 01-16-2016, 11:57 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Ironmanwb
Heading to the show for the first time I hope it doesn't suck. I was really looking forward to it.
It won't suck, I can promise you. You'll have a great time and there will be plenty of great hardware to see. It'll be different from years past, but those differences won't mean anything to you because, as you said, it's your first time. We're all a little worried about getting to and from the event in regard to timing and traffic, and that might well be a hassle. But getting from the Miami Convention to Center to the Sea Isle Marina for the in-water displays never was a quick or hassle-free experience. Could it be worse? Sure. (And I suspect it will but hope I'm wrong.) But if you bring plenty of patience for the traffic—a key survival tool in South Florida (and I live in Northern California so I have that one)—you'll have a great time surrounded by a whole lot of people who share you passion and are there for a good time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.