Notices

Navy and Iran

Old 01-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 4,249 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Liberals faced with an opposing view insult and throw FOX in the other other parties face. It`s standard procedure, I wouldn`t pay too much attention screenname.
Jay must be on the ground in Iran to know whats working and whats not.
Thanx for the heads up on your liberal views Mr. Pictures.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 140 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Insulted by my lack of understanding the issue??? Really, another insult. You should have more class then that being a boater.
What sanctions? They are over today and will never be re-imposed. They just broke 2 UN resolutions the past few months and the Obama Admin nixed new sanctions again just a couple days ago. We won’t even get into firing a missile (another UN violation) 1500 yards from an aircraft carrier (an act of war). They tell us what we can inspect and what we can’t. They do their own sampling of nuke sites and again they just shipped what they don’t want us to see to NK and the like. And that’s what we know about because it’s been proven that they have crap hidden all over the place.
Iranian history. How about they have been on the wrong side all the way back to WW-II being friends with Hitler. Then they run the Shaw (a US friend) out in the 70’s… OK that was their choice (how is it working out for the average Iranian now). But then when we let the Shaw come to the US for medical treatment they take our embassy people hostage. Or how about all the Americans that died in Iraq by Iranian hands and money? Or all the terrorist organizations they support like Syria and Hezbollah?
They get their money and the deal is over. From there they will do whatever they want IMHO. They already do for that matter and nothing is even signed yet. And Jay I really don’t care what you think cause you came off as a Kool-aid drinker. Throw an insult and act like everyone who doesn’t think like you is stupid. Typical.

Oh and just FYI, the republicans fought to have the prisoners release included in the Iran nuke deal .. but Obama refused to include their release at that time, had he agreed then he wouldn't have had to release the convicted in a court of law prisoners used in the exchange and we would have had the hostages released sooner.. read, research , read read read , research, research some more, amazing what you can learn.....
Geezus... you are as ignorant of real history as I guessed- for just one little part of your fairy tale post do some research on Coup53 and how the CIA installed the Shah in power, insuring a generation of anti-American hatred. Then, after 20-some years of dictatorship, the mullahs stole the election and assumed control.

But for simplicity's sake, here's a little tweet exchange that might help you:

What does this prisoner swap/hostage release prove?

— Josh Greenman (@joshgreenman) January 16, 2016

Diplomacy is sooooooooo much more humiliating than being at war for a decade with nothing to show for it except thousands of casualties.

— Brett Friedman (@BA_Friedman) January 16, 2016

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-16-2016, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

And the fukking repubs did everything they could to sabotage the entire process, including writing that ridiculous letter. That's some real smart diplomacy.

Your 'facts' are so far wrong you deserve to be mocked and laughed at.

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where can the rest of us get a pair of your rose colored glasses ?
Old 01-16-2016, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

[QUOTE=Dave3fl;4394241]Lighten up fellas...

You're right. I can't help myself- just have no more fks to give- so tired of right-wing ignorance and warmongering.

This is a great day for the whole world- the sanctions worked, Iran has given up their nukes and their nuclear ambitions, and the hostages have been released.
One would think that our disastrous misadventures in the middle east over the last 70 years would have taught us something.
Some of us have learned, anyway.

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buck35
Where can the rest of us get a pair of your rose colored glasses ?
Either between Hillary's tits or Obama's taint I would think.

I couldn't give a **** less about how the sanctions and agreements supposedly worked. Murder is illegal as well, see how well that works? I have had the displeasure of watching this regime suck the life out of our military. I have watched this regime apologize for our "islamophobia" after a couple of the goat ****ers kill our citizens. And I damn well know I am not the only one, considering the course of this thread. It doesn't take Fox News to tell me that he is weak, and as a figurehead for our country, has done nothing but widen the gaps in our country and other countries. And yes, a veteran that has spent more time fighting the goat ****ers than I care to count, I think I am allowed a little cowboy bravado. Good luck with life.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
You're right. I can't help myself- just have no more fks to give- so tired of right-wing ignorance and warmongering.
Then stick to your unicorn fart pics

You are actually committing business suicide here, look at the crowd you take pics of. Not lefty

Last edited by JRider; 01-16-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Dude I know all about the CIA and the overthrows and gov installs they were up to in the 50’s (65 years ago) and so what? They were doing the best they could rebuilding the world. Remember what I said about the folks in Iran being allied to Germany during the war? We are talking about just a couple years after 60+ million died. It was in ours and the world’s best interest at the time. We needed their oil (Europe was still in shambles and the Russians had thrown down the iron curtain) and we also needed someone to control the area friendly to us and not the USSR. Kept things good for 20 years. How long is that nuke deal good for again and that’s if they follow it the whole time ….ooops they already broke it.
Oh and when did the mullahs come to power again?? Wasn’t it Carter who was in power?
In accord with the pleasant US-Iran relations then-existing, President Carter spent New Year's Eve in 1977 with the Shah and toasted Iran as "an island of stability in one of the more troubled areas of the world". Nonetheless, between 1975 and 1978, the Shah's popularity fell due to the Carter administration's misguided implementation of human rights policies.

The election of Mr. Carter as president of the United States in 1976, with his vocal emphasis on the importance of human rights in international affairs, was a turning point in US-Iran relations. The Shah of Iran was accused of torturing over 3000 prisoners. Under the banner of promoting human rights, Carter made excessive demands of the Shah, threatening to withhold military and social aid. Carter pressured the Shah to release "political prisoners", whose ranks included radical fundamentalists, communists and terrorists.
When the Shah was unable to meet the Carter Administration and British demands, the Carter Administration reportedly ordered the Central Intelligence Agency to stop $4 million per year in funding to religious Mullahs who then became outspoken and vehement opponents of the Shah. Unfortunately, the Shah's efforts to defuse the volatile situation in Iran failed, despite the grant even of free and democratic elections. Confronted with lack of US support and unleashed Mullah fury, the Shah of Iran fled the country.
Kind of sounds like what is happening today don’t it?
As for you last tweet or whatever it was. You see, that one pisses me off.
Was it the smartest thing to go into Iraq? Maybe not (Hillary voting for it should have been a clue) but hindsight is 20/20. The intelligence agencies (from multi countries) were wrong. Also keep in mind Saddam enjoyed gassing the Kurds with all kinds of stuff over the years so it was proven even if it wasn’t nukes he still had WMD’s. If Saddam would have been cool about it instead of hinting he still had stuff (probably the stuff that went to Syria) and not kicked out the UN inspectors at the time maybe we could have talked it out but he poked the dog when the dog was already pissed off and he got what he got. As a side perk Gaddafi saw what happened and threw all his crap in the Mediterranean.
All that aside, we went in. We removed an evil person from power (about the only good thing we have done for “our friends” the Kurds) and gave the Iraqi people a chance to better themselves (which they f_ed up). We paid for that chance with our blood and treasure and the Iranians made sure of it. But regardless if the price was too high, too low, it was right or wrong thing to do, it was done, bought and paid for. To just give it away after all that was just plain stupidity. And remember the one free benefit of that costly war, Gaddafi throwing his WMD’s into the sea? Look what the same stupid people that gave away Iraq did with that and how it worked out.
I do find it funny that Carter went after the Shah when he and Iran was our friend and it cost us 4 million a year to keep the peace. And Obama / Clinton go after Gaddafi after he gives up his WMD and pretty much made peace with the world. Then there is Egypt… I guess they never herd the saying, “if it aint broke, don’t fix it”.
As for Afghanistan, if you don’t think we had every right and the moral obligation to go in there after 9/11….. I’ve got nothing ….
Old 01-16-2016, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Then stick to your unicorn fart pics

You are actually committing business suicide here, look at the crowd you take pics of. Not lefty
I hope not. He does good work.

I do have to say though I not a war monger. I think of my longevity everyday and know that I more then likely have less days then I have already had. The thought of dyeing in some strange country only 20 years old is insane to me. But we do have an all volunteer military and its not like this war thing just popped up on us. I think he saddest part is the way this country takes care of it's Vets. Got people on TV everyday begging for money for privet Vet groups because the Gov and the VA is failing at everything but I guess Obama forgot about it after the photo op.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i have no desire to get in this pizzing match but imo one would need to be stupid to believe that two navy boats had mechanical problems and ended up 50 miles into foreign waters.it is a sad fact that the majority of the american public believe everything they see on the evening news.even scarier is the fact that these same people vote on who will be the next potus.if it is on tv or the net it has to be the truth!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.