Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A Whole Judicial Conspiricy!!!! >

A Whole Judicial Conspiricy!!!!

Notices

A Whole Judicial Conspiricy!!!!

Old 09-20-2002, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 251 Likes on 100 Posts

i heard your boat in the channel, didn't sound to loud to me, in fact it sounded pretty good you will never beat them on this cause you are on the wrong side of the political correctness thats so common today. don't try to beat the system, just f*$@ the system when it's not looking
Old 09-20-2002, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 251 Likes on 100 Posts

maybe the judge was a sailboater and you can get a new trial due to his conflict of interest
Old 09-20-2002, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Midnight,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you admit before that you thought your boat was too loud? I don't understand how it is the fault of the police if you know you are in violation of a law, and they enforce it.

Kaama, you are right, it is Gov't by the people, laws are written by the legislature. Don't like the laws, elect new representatives to change them. Law enforcement's job is to enforce the laws that are written by the people! In case you haven't noticed we are a loud minority!

Vern
Old 09-20-2002, 02:13 PM
DallasHeat

Is "Les" the moderator fro boatered.com a judge in Michigan?

Just curious

Old 09-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered

I was awarded one of those bogus tickets for "excessive noise" some time ago. The cops see us as some kind of cash cow. Problem is, law enforcement is constantly lowering the bar to pull in more money. The greedy bastards have a decent salary, excellent benefits, etc. whilst hiding behind the "putting our lives on the line everday" credo.

One of the water cops in our area is notorious for harassing powerboaters. This guy won't even wave back to you if you try to be cordial. On the way to the marina in a no wake, he races up to me recently and growls "got a switch" (silent choice). My boat has stock exhaust, single engine!

I've travelled extensively for business and spent enough time oversees to realize that only in America do we have this rampant harrassement. It really sucks that we've come full circle in this regard. Fight them evertime in court, even if it seems futile. That way you keep them away from the hard working public that feeds their greedy mouths.
Old 09-20-2002, 03:27 PM
Registered

We usually just let the cops do the bashing!!
Old 09-20-2002, 03:37 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could say "Ask Rodney King" DOH! But that would be in bad taste, so I won't
Old 09-20-2002, 03:42 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Midnight,

Do not waste the ink and cellulose writing a letter to the judge. Moreover, if the case was decided based upon the judge's determination of the parties' credibility, an appeal is a wate of time: such decisions usually may only be reversed upon a showing of an abuse of discretion which is next to impossible to prove.

If this happens again, take an expert witness who will have taken noise tests prior to court. If the expert is "certified" in the use of the noise measuring equipment and/or has more experience in doing such tetsts as the cops who stop you, you will stand a much better chance of winning. Moreover, a phknlwyr from MI by your side wouldn't hurt either.

Have a mechanic friend print you an invoice showing that some remedial work has been done to the exhaust system, carry it with you in the boat, and enjoy yourself.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 09-20-2002, 03:58 PM
ssherman

Gosh troutly that jerk off up there is giving good folks like you and jen a bad rap oh wait a minute she did think i was gay maybe he is just giving you a bad rap.

Old 09-20-2002, 04:05 PM
Registered

The cops see us as some kind of cash cow. Problem is, law enforcement is constantly lowering the bar to pull in more money. The greedy bastards have a decent salary, excellent benefits, etc. whilst hiding behind the "putting our lives on the line everday" credo

Breathe later,

In Michigan, where Midnight got his ticket, the police do not get a dime for the tickets they write. My pay is not determined by how many I write, nor does the Police Department get a dime from the tickets that their officers write. We do not set the bar, the lawmakers do!

I would be happy to set up a ride-along for you so you can see what it is like in our shoes. I think you would walk away with a little different perspective on police officers as whole.

Vern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.