Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM  THE mIAMI  bOAT  SHOW?? >

WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM THE mIAMI bOAT SHOW??

Notices

WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM THE mIAMI bOAT SHOW??

Old 01-24-2016, 07:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985...s#.VqQEsfkrKUk

Boat is down to 4.5 million now! I think 45 gallons an hour at 13 knots seems a bit optimistic on a 122 ft boat.......maybe it has Duramaxs!..............
Interesting story but it's still too dear. There's another one in Phuket that's 10' longer (maybe that includes the platform) and 1990 build for only 2.7 million. You could spend a million on it and still be miles ahead! This one has been on the market for ages too.

http://www.leemarine.com/boats/listi...ck-Motor-Yacht

(Doubt this one will be at Miami)

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 01-24-2016 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I will be driving in from Naples on Friday- parking at one of the shutle lots-I have my ticket already- use a Progressive discount code...

That Oceanfast in Thailand decorating is stuck in the early 90's.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

[QUOTE=wannabe;4396699................

That Oceanfast in Thailand decorating is stuck in the early 90's.[/QUOTE]

Only my opinion but I think the exterior of both boats is stuck in the 90's too..........
Old 01-24-2016, 10:45 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Be sure to get your passes reserved for this event on Saturday night in South Beach:
https://www.facebook.com/events/658091410995267/
Old 01-24-2016, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Only my opinion but I think the exterior of both boats is stuck in the 90's too..........
Now thats For Sure... Bannenberg was hot for many years but the stark angular designs are ... welll ... YUK
Old 02-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I am very concerned about the Miami show this year. Of course there will need to be a shake down on the new venue but my main concern is getting to and from the show. The convention center was steps from all the hotels on SoBe and could not have been easier for those staying there. Now it is on a remote key with shuttle bus service and water taxi only. Very concerning. I can see hour long lines for the buses and then hour long waits in traffic on that bus. ONE road in and out, that's a problem.. The water taxis maybe the way to go because no traffic jams at least, but they may have long lines and they are slow.. The wait lines for the buses from one venue to another have been tremendous in the past and now that they are the only way to get there, it could be far worse. We will see. Once you get there, it will be great, never disappoints..
Old 02-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming down and it has been along time since we have gone to the show any special activities or fast boat events to take in doesn't OSO host a big party i know they used to do something on ocean drive
Old 02-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Pismo10
I am very concerned about the Miami show this year. Of course there will need to be a shake down on the new venue but my main concern is getting to and from the show. The convention center was steps from all the hotels on SoBe and could not have been easier for those staying there. Now it is on a remote key with shuttle bus service and water taxi only. Very concerning. I can see hour long lines for the buses and then hour long waits in traffic on that bus. ONE road in and out, that's a problem.. The water taxis maybe the way to go because no traffic jams at least, but they may have long lines and they are slow.. The wait lines for the buses from one venue to another have been tremendous in the past and now that they are the only way to get there, it could be far worse. We will see. Once you get there, it will be great, never disappoints..

Grab a beer and make the best of it if there is a wait. Not going to let my self get stressed about lines or waits.

As you said it will be fun once in, so do your best to try and enjoy the wait.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:01 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by ERIC38
Coming down and it has been along time since we have gone to the show any special activities or fast boat events to take in doesn't OSO host a big party i know they used to do something on ocean drive
Not any longer, but there is one now better. See my other post on this thread.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:55 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The list is the shortest I have ever seen for sterndrive power sportboats. I know a 28 Saber should be there but I think its the same 28 from 2 years ago. Hustler with 4 and one Checkmate, Cig whatever they bring with sterndrives. Have not seen what MTI or Skater is bringing. I do not remember the whole list but its not that many at all. Maybe some one else can fill the rest of the sportboats in.

For me, really can not get to excited about it when Yamaha Jet drive boats & Wellcraft Scarabs jet drive boats have more on display than all sterndrive sportboats combined.

Last edited by BUP; 02-04-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.