Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   views on 95 261 Checkmate persuader (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33408-views-95-261-checkmate-persuader.html)

Red Stripe 09-20-2002 05:02 PM

views on 95 261 Checkmate persuader

A buddy is looking at one and would like to know if anyone has experience in this boat?

454 mag, 247 hours, and they are asking $24,900

Whats the deadrise on this boat? What kind of speeds can be expected?

Give me the skinny? :D

Thanks!!

Waterfoul 09-20-2002 05:14 PM

Todd, where is the boat located? I have a friend with that exact boat and he was talking about moving up the last time I saw him. If it's the guy I know (there really aren't that many 261's locally, more 251's and 28's) it's a well cared for boat. 24* deadrise and he see's 65 on the speedo anytime he wants (but he runs it at cruising speed 95% of the time). It's a white boat with red and black graphics. He special ordered gaffrig/livorsi/gill/merc (not sure which brand) dual sticks. Cost quite a bit because they had to special build the arm rest area to get it where he wanted it (now they offer it this way, but in 95 they didn't). I've ridden in it several times and driven next to him MANY times. Runs right along with me no problem.

Decent boats, decent room, decent handling. I'm not much of a Check fan (don't hurt me Mr. Gadgets!!!) but the 261 is pretty nice.

Red Stripe 09-20-2002 05:21 PM

Waterfoul,

Nope, not the same boat. Boat is at GLM and is Red with black, grey and white.

What does your friend want for his? Is his powered with a 365hp mag?

Thanks!!

Waterfoul 09-20-2002 05:35 PM

Todd, has that one got some interesting stock/maybe not stock graphics on it?? Often tied to the end of maybe B-dock or something like that (on the right as you go to the gas dock)??

Kirk's boat was a 350 hp mag originally. Rebuilt it after dropping a valve several years ago. It's about 375 hp now. Like I said, runs 65 anytime he wants....but probably goes a bit faster than that.

dyno 09-20-2002 05:35 PM

I think they look like a whale...but its my opinion...I perfer the square back Convincor's plus the swim platform is a ripoff of boat length the boat is more like 24 ft tops....I know my Sonic has a platform too but if I could I'd cut the thing off!!anyone got a sawsall???

Red Stripe 09-20-2002 05:58 PM

foul,
Nope, not the same boat but it does look similar. That boat is only red and white and is a 28 convincor. I have seen the boat you are refering to.
This one has a little different color graphics but does look similar.

Dyno,
LMAO
I have a pretty good sawzall for you :D

Red Stripe 09-21-2002 07:43 PM

TTT:D

MACDAD260 09-21-2002 08:36 PM

The Persuaders that I have seen have a 19 degree deadrise. Damn fast on flat water but, a rough ride anywhere else.

Waterfoul 09-21-2002 08:41 PM

Doug, the 261 is the exception.....and the largest persuader model. It's 24 degrees at the transom.

Red Stripe 09-24-2002 10:46 PM

Ok so where the heck are the Checkmate guys on here?:D

My buddy took it for a sea trial today. Rides great!! I took a few pics and will try and post them later.