Sunsation Launches First ‘Dealer Cost’ Sale

Notices

Sunsation Launches First ‘Dealer Cost’ Sale

Old 01-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default Sunsation Launches First ‘Dealer Cost’ Sale

For those in the market for sportboat, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...aler-cost-sale
Old 01-29-2016, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Good marketing. That is so telling of the change in the industry: the center counsels sell while the performance V-bottoms collect dust.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:46 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

It is very hard to sell I/O's even 21 ft rec boats do not move like they use to. Outboards are selling about 10 to 1 ratio over I/O's.

wakeboard boats that is whole different story as V-drive boats are still selling and fairly strong - Malibu, Mastercraft and so on.

Even Mastercraft has taken the same route they now have a new boat model with an outboard it. Unreal egg beaters are hitting all segments for new boats.

Last edited by BUP; 01-29-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Good marketing. That is so telling of the change in the industry: the center counsels sell while the performance V-bottoms collect dust.
Maybe with boats built on spec, but from what I read the the custom top end V bottom is pretty strong, at least at Outerlimits, 3 50's , a 44, a 43 and two 41 on the go right now. Pretty impressive I should think.

Mark
Old 01-29-2016, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by hardcore
Maybe with boats built on spec, but from what I read the the custom top end V bottom is pretty strong, at least at Outerlimits, 3 50's , a 44, a 43 and two 41 on the go right now. Pretty impressive I should think.

Mark
OL and Cig are selling some Perf Vs, and center counsels from many makers are also selling. But the combined 1,000+ Perf. Vs that used to be sold by Fountain, Donzi, Baja, Checkmate, Formula, etc.... every year .......................... are now but a handful combined instead of 1,000+. It seems the old days are gone forever.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
OL and Cig are selling some Perf Vs, and center counsels from many makers are also selling. But the combined 1,000+ Perf. Vs that used to be sold by Fountain, Donzi, Baja, Checkmate, Formula, etc.... every year .......................... are now but a handful combined instead of 1,000+. It seems the old days are gone forever.
I agree but I also don't think those people are now buying 200-600k CCs either.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldnt say gone forever. If the middle class ever gets a break on taxes for working hard. Or if the companies can get a break on trying to run a company in the U.S. the market may come back. We all know everyone is basically just been getting cost of living raises or no raise at all. Everything has gotten more expensive, look at the price of milk. If we can bring the taxes down, economy up, and make the U.S. strong again it may come back. The facts arent that people dont like 800hp big blocks with through hull exhaust, but the cost to buy, run, and maintain a performance boat are to high to have for a hobby for most people. Myself included.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Just vote trump and we'll be back in the saddle within a year.