Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New to boating and diving in >

New to boating and diving in

Notices

New to boating and diving in

Old 02-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Trailer maintenance is just as important. Lights, brakes, bearings, etc. When I bought my most recent boat, the grease caps where dry rotted so after the test drive, I had to repack ever hub. Keep plenty of grease in them and keep out water. Make sure your tires and spare are in good shape. Doesn't hurt to have two spares actually! I had 2 flats within ten minutes so I had to drop the trailer on the side of the road and drive out of the way to get the other fixed. Prior to that, my outdrive went out. Boating is very expensive. I've been around it all my life... I accepted this a long time ago. Keep up maintenance the best you can!
Old 02-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone, I'm from Michigan boats in Illinois is a freshwater boat Im getting pretty excited for losing the ice and to start boating and bikinis. My problem is gunna be speed I'm already trying to talk myself out of buying performance parts
Old 02-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Biffle
Thanks everyone, I'm from Michigan boats in Illinois is a freshwater boat Im getting pretty excited for losing the ice and to start boating and bikinis. My problem is gunna be speed I'm already trying to talk myself out of buying performance parts
Why would you want to do that? 😆
Old 02-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

When boating, no one runs wide open all day. Why would you want to? More gas and harder on your motor and drive. Enjoy the boat as is. You will spend most of the time cruising. Save your boat and money.