Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Pilini Marine Starting Construction On New 34 XCS Catamaran >

Pilini Marine Starting Construction On New 34 XCS Catamaran

Notices

Pilini Marine Starting Construction On New 34 XCS Catamaran

Old 03-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

75k about right. dts, mercs many expensive harnesses, pwr steer pump, vessel view, brain boxs ............not like its 2 cables and a harness going to some gauges, like in the old days
merc very specific about how to rig it and what needed.
NastyBug, killer boat sat in it at Miami our boothe\ was 2 down from skater
Old 03-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A guy that can't spell the word "know" is going to re-invent the powerboat business.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
if they built a boat people could afford they would sell more then 5 boats , they should be selling 500 boats and dividing the cost between 500 boats not 5 then the cost per boat will go down to not much . look at Yamaha jet boats , there boat are 18 to 25 foot and between $ 30 k and 50 k and they sell THOUSANDS of boats a year , And guess what they make a good profit , Good profit is different to all people and while some will be happy profiting $ 5 k a boat other's will have to profit $ 50 to $ 100 k + a boat to be happy .
So take yamaha for example if they sell around 4000 boats a year and profit a mer $ 5000 on each boat by the end of the year they just made $ 20,000,000 " thats million " in PROFIT why cant a performance boat builder build 100 boats a year and profit say $ 20,000. a boat and make $ 2,000,000. a year profit after all cost , I would think to be great money and also have full time worker's all year long . Or they can build 5 or 6 boats a year and profit $ 100 k + on each boat and still make great money , I guess I work on average's and you can stay busy building more boats and make more profit in the long run then more profit per boat . This has been beaten for ever I don't even no why you brought it up again , I saw a 31 foot skater in the classifieds for $ 700 k you go spend your money on that and I will look into buying a sub $ 200 k boat like Predator 30 or Spectre 32/34 and have the same amount of fun if not more for way less $$ ,. but I do understand after being on the water my whole life there those one percenters that need to spend like that and have the means to do so , So let them , but thats not your everyday boater type of person , its also not all the boat builder's it's also The big M that need's to come down on there price and start selling more , I guess thats why the O/B market is taking off , Other Manufacturers selling motor's for a lot less $ and being able to pass that savings on the the buyer
ROFLMAO, you're in another world.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
ROFLMAO, you're in another world.
with a name like jusabum , have you ever owned a performance boat ?
Old 03-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,694 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
1. Yamaha has demand at those price points
2. Yamaha probably finances 80% of those sales, most with little or no down payment
3. Cost to run, insure, store these types of boats are minimal compared to offshore type stuff
To give you all an idea of numbers, for what it's worth, a source from Yamaha told me (during the recent Miami Boat Show) they built 3,000 sportboat units in 2015.

I am guessing without any numbers or information at hand, but I would be surprised if Sea Ray built 10 percent of that.

One other thing to keep in mind regarding Yamaha's ability to produce twin-engine sportboats at relatively (key word) affordable prices: They control the engine and propulsion supply chain, 100 percent.

With respect to your opinion, Mike, you need to talk to a few boat builders to understand the nature of the costs involved. Jupiter did a really good job outlining a lot of them. In my opinion, and it's one opinion, greed has nothing to do with it.

Another data point: When i started at Powerboat magazine in 1995, a new twin HP500-powered 38' Fountain listed for about $250,000. Without question, today's go-fast boat prices are higher, and one of the big reasons for that is production-built go-fast boats, for the most part, no longer exist. Every new go-fast boat you see these days is a custom build. Now, if you want to get into a discussion on what happened to the production performance-boat market, that's a long one with factors including everything from the sub-prime housing finance bubble implosion to the industry's eternal struggle to attract new buyers.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 03-06-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by blingbling
It would be a great 400 outboard boat, but some super reliable 750 HP inboards would be a runner. True 750s, I,m thinking low 140s. Jay builds one hell of a product.

Some 700 NXT Merc motors with a 6 drive, and if the C of G would be right, turn key rocket.

Congrats, what ever you choose what a great boat.
just fyi,nxt is a drive not a motor.merc used both nxt and #6 drives behind the 700.and i agree,a pair of 700s would be nice in this boat.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
To give you all an idea of numbers, for what it's worth, a source from Yamaha told me (during the recent Miami Boat Show) they built 3,000 sportboat units in 2015.

I am guessing without any numbers or information at hand, but I would be surprised if Sea Ray built 10 percent of that.

One other thing to keep in mind regarding Yamaha's ability to produce twin-engine sportboats at relatively (key word) affordable prices: They control the engine and propulsion supply chain, 100 percent.

With respect to your opinion, Mike, you need to talk to a few boat builders to understand the nature of the costs involved. Jupiter did a really good job outlining a lot of them. In my opinion, and it's one opinion, greed has nothing to do with it.

Another data point: When i started at Powerboat magazine in 1995, a new twin HP500-powered 38' Fountain listed for about $250,000. Without question, today's go-fast boat prices are higher, and one of the big reasons for that is production-built go-fast boats, for the most part, no longer exist. Every new go-fast boat you see these days is a custom build. Now, if you want to get into a discussion on what happened to the production performance-boat market, that's a long one with factors including everything from the sub-prime housing finance bubble implosion to the industry's eternal struggle to attract new buyers.
So are you saying that Predotor . Spectre , Soinc ect , that can build a 30 to 34 foot cat for under $ 200 k is making NO profit ? So what about Skater that builds the same size boat and sell's for $ 700 k ? Are they making $ 300 k profit or does it cost $ 300 k more to build that same size boat ?

I think there is a line where profit is made and then BIG profit step's in
Old 03-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio

Even some of the 32 sporty CC that are built in Miami with twin Merc 300 VRods are selling in the $ 120 k to $ 150 k range , and let me guess they make no profit also . Goes back to what each person's consider's enough profit on a build . Now is a $ 400 k 32 to 34 foot that much better to justify $ 200 k + more " Don,t think so " But I guess some people do , And that's Ok for them .
Old 03-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
So are you saying that Predotor . Spectre , Soinc ect , that can build a 30 to 34 foot cat for under $ 200 k is making NO profit ? So what about Skater that builds the same size boat and sell's for $ 700 k ? Are they making $ 300 k profit or does it cost $ 300 k more to build that same size boat ?

I think there is a line where profit is made and then BIG profit step's in
A. Not apples to apples. Skater is the premium brand and 2 of the 3 others have had a checkered past
B. A 32-34 Skater with OBs isn't 700k
C. 700-200 = 500k not 300k.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Ruth Chris sells $40 steaks, Outback sells $14 steaks but there is a difference right?

Tiffany's and Zales both sell diamonds......but are they the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.