Im going to say this once... >

Im going to say this once...

Notices

Im going to say this once...

Old 02-12-2016, 06:17 AM
DTD
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No post I have seen on this forum has been this relevant and, in my case, timely. Phragle, your comments hit the mark and how we should enjoy the short time we are on this rock. In the past three months we have had three friends pass away, all in their 50's. We are both 51, so reality is a *****. Last night another good friend's father passed away. He was in hospice for a short time, so I appreciate those who help families in their time of need.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Phragle, Bud... Glad that you posted your thoughts. My Dad passed away in early December. While we knew his time is not long we still delayed a few things. And so did he. Everyone thinks there is more time, until there is none. I need to talk to you one of these days, just to get some input from your experience regarding Moms issue. She has Alzheimer's (among other medical issues) and probably a short time as well. To the rest of the peeps in the world; I never regretted anything I done. No matter what was the outcome. Live and learn, but live. I only regret things I did not do. Several people I knew or knew of just passed away suddenly. And on that thought, I will go in the bilge, do a little work and as soon as I won't freeze my a$$ off, boating we will go. (BTW, my Dad loved boating, he was the happiest on the water)
Tried pming you but your inbox is full my fellow Avanti runner....
Old 02-12-2016, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the first thread in quite a while that has my undivided attention. While I feel lately my life has been blessed with little tragedy, I know some day I will deal with another loss of a loved one. As others have said "live today as if it's your last".... Thanks Phragle for bringing us all back to what really matters. Peace on brother!
Old 02-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My wife is a hospice nurse. She say's that seeing an older person pass is tough enough, but seeing the younger ones are tougher. Cancer & other diseases do not discriminate when it comes to age. So, waiting for the right time to do something may never come. Don't be shy to hug, kiss, and tell your loved one's "you love them".
on a lighter note, when will this winter end?
Old 02-13-2016, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm really not here to try to win an argument...just highlighting the truth according to God's Word for those who are searching for the real true answer to life.

Speaking of "deeds" ....

We cannot pay or earn our way to heaven by being a "good person", or by doing "good works or deeds or nice things" or by being a kind person....all of that is good, but sadly it is not good enough to get you or anyone into heaven. If it all it took was to being a good person and doing good deeds, then Jesus would not have had to come down from heaven and shed His blood for the forgiveness of our sins and die the most hideous death on the cross. Only Jesus has the power to forgive you of your own sins.

No matter how good or nice or kind you are, you are still born a sinner.

If you are thinking and believing that somehow you are going to enter heaven by your "good deeds" outweighing your "bad deeds"....if that is what you are counting on, then sadly you won't make it. The name "Jesus" means "Savior". The word "Gospel" means "Good News". It is the "Good News" because Jesus paid for our sin debt in full. It is/was a free gift from Him so that we could have eternal life, but it is our part to believe and to choose to invite Jesus into our life.

"For there is not a just man upon earth, that does good, and sins not." Ecclesiastes 7:20

It doesn't matter if you are Hitler or a Housewife----If you miss heaven by an inch, then you may as well have missed it by a mile.

The world will tell you that "there are many roads to heaven" , but truthfully (according to God's Word) there is only one way to heaven.

Jesus said; "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by Me." John 14:6

Life is short, precious and unfair....we live in a fallen world and that is why so many bad things happen. Jesus is our only hope of salvation, but it is our own individual choice to believe in Him and invite Him into our life.

"I call heaven to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants." Deuteronomy 30:19

In the verse above, God gives us a choice....life and death. It's like God is giving us a test, and then He actually tells you what the correct answer is to the test question because He's on your side and wants you to WIN---to LIVE for eternity in heaven!
Old 02-13-2016, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DTD
In the past three months we have had three friends pass away, all in their 50's.... so I appreciate those who help families in their time of need.
This is how our 2015 started, so I feel for ya. One particular service for a dear friend's husband was as sad as it gets.
Put your game face on, be supportive for those that need it....better times await. I am going to enjoy 2016 for all its worth.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:26 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
I'm really not here to try to win an argument...just highlighting the truth according to God's Word for those who are searching for the real true answer to life.

Speaking of "deeds" ....

We cannot pay or earn our way to heaven by being a "good person", or by doing "good works or deeds or nice things" or by being a kind person....all of that is good, but sadly it is not good enough to get you or anyone into heaven. If it all it took was to being a good person and doing good deeds, then Jesus would not have had to come down from heaven and shed His blood for the forgiveness of our sins and die the most hideous death on the cross. Only Jesus has the power to forgive you of your own sins.

No matter how good or nice or kind you are, you are still born a sinner.

If you are thinking and believing that somehow you are going to enter heaven by your "good deeds" outweighing your "bad deeds"....if that is what you are counting on, then sadly you won't make it. The name "Jesus" means "Savior". The word "Gospel" means "Good News". It is the "Good News" because Jesus paid for our sin debt in full. It is/was a free gift from Him so that we could have eternal life, but it is our part to believe and to choose to invite Jesus into our life.

"For there is not a just man upon earth, that does good, and sins not." Ecclesiastes 7:20

It doesn't matter if you are Hitler or a Housewife----If you miss heaven by an inch, then you may as well have missed it by a mile.

The world will tell you that "there are many roads to heaven" , but truthfully (according to God's Word) there is only one way to heaven.

Jesus said; "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by Me." John 14:6

Life is short, precious and unfair....we live in a fallen world and that is why so many bad things happen. Jesus is our only hope of salvation, but it is our own individual choice to believe in Him and invite Him into our life.

"I call heaven to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants." Deuteronomy 30:19

In the verse above, God gives us a choice....life and death. It's like God is giving us a test, and then He actually tells you what the correct answer is to the test question because He's on your side and wants you to WIN---to LIVE for eternity in heaven!
I still just want my engines to not blow up. What's the secret to their salvation?
Old 02-13-2016, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

It's the nurses that help bring us into this world and ease our way out that are the real Angels.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
I still just want my engines to not blow up. What's the secret to their salvation?
Tommy at Chief has the answer.
http://chiefperformance.com/index.html

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 02-13-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
I didn't think this thread was about engines. Anyway, as far as your engines blowing up,...I don't know---maybe stop building them yourself...???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.