Im going to say this once... >

Im going to say this once...

Notices

Im going to say this once...

Old 02-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts
Default Im going to say this once...

Some of you guys know what I do for a living, Im a hospice case manager. I watch people die for a living as ironic as that sounds. I listen to death bed confessionals day in and day out. Nobody has ever said "damn I should have fought that internet war harder!" What they do talk about is the good times they had, the full lives they lead, the drunken jackassery,

This is about boats, about friends, about cold beverages on a hot afternoon, its about good food, fountain slanks and other women of questionable morals and low self esteem, its about laughing, its about writing cum dumpster on the forehead of the guy who passed out on B dock with a sharpie.... Its about laughing your ass off at the drunk guy who feel in off the swim platform trying to cross the raftoff to his boat...its about being that guy next week.

I watch 20 year old kids die from cancer, I watch 95 year old men die from heart failure what matters is the good times.....

Make good times, its why we are here,

We now return you to your regularly scheduled jackassery,
Old 02-09-2016, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

good stuff bud,sorta puts things in perspective.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nobody on their death bed ever said "Goddammit! I wish I had worked a few more weekends".
Old 02-10-2016, 04:44 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Couldn't have been said better.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Bino
Couldn't have been said better.
X2 ....That is perfect. I know that is what I think boating is about, all of that and my goal to leave as large of a carbon footprint as I can!
Old 02-10-2016, 08:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Well said Rob...
Old 02-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I agree bud.

My mom before her accident and passing was also in hospice as well and always told me to live without regrets and always have fun. Work to live not live to work.

Could be over tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As i always say Y O L O
Old 02-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I'd like to say thank you to you and all the people who work for hospice. It takes a special person to do what you do. My grandfather passed a couple years ago at the age of 90 and lived a full life. He was a special ops soldier in the OSS during WWII. He was my father figure growing up. He helped me learn a love for the outdoors, which I am an avid waterfowler, and also a love for the water through pleasure boating and fishing here on the st. Lawrence. I can't say anything more in favor towards hospice. They helped my grandfather be as comfortable as he could be in his final days. Again, thank you to all who work for hospice and do what you do!!

And to add to your point, save for a rainy day but live life to the fullest and don't let off the throttle cause you never know when it's over!! Cheers!!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 29Fever01
And I'd like to say thank you to you and all the people who work for hospice. It takes a special person to do what you do. My grandfather passed a couple years ago at the age of 90 and lived a full life. He was a special ops soldier in the OSS during WWII. He was my father figure growing up. He helped me learn a love for the outdoors, which I am an avid waterfowler, and also a love for the water through pleasure boating and fishing here on the st. Lawrence. I can't say anything more in favor towards hospice. They helped my grandfather be as comfortable as he could be in his final days. Again, thank you to all who work for hospice and do what you do!!

And to add to your point, save for a rainy day but live life to the fullest and don't let off the throttle cause you never know when it's over!! Cheers!!
I couldn't agree with both you and Rob any more! Dealt with hospice a couple years ago when my father passed and they were so helpful as we were all in a bad state.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.