Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ilmor Unveils ‘One Drive’ Propulsion Package >

Ilmor Unveils ‘One Drive’ Propulsion Package

Notices

Ilmor Unveils ‘One Drive’ Propulsion Package

Old 02-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

It has more in common with a merc than a Volvo. The transom assembly is very close to a bravo. Only some minor tweaks. The top cover that you see is just a plastic cover that gives it the sweep look. The upper housing has the clutch packs in it. That is more like a regular transmission vs the cone clutch design. You can get the drive with mechanical shift or electric shift. As far as the lower I am not sure about the internals but the prop shafts are identical to bravo 3s. You can run merc props on these which is necessary with higher speed applications unless Yanmar is producing some higher pitch props. I don't remember what gear ratios are available
Old 02-12-2016, 11:39 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

If I recall the Yanmar drive used some of the same tech from Yamaha Hydra Drive way back in 1991. Here is a story about it in the link below. I was very famililar with the Yamaha Sterndrive stuff back in the 90's as we worked on it. They had a really good product but ended all sterndrive production at the end of 1993. The Yamaha Hydra Drive was only offered with the 454 big block.

https://books.google.com/books?id=pB...0drive&f=false

And the more current single & twin prop Yamaha Hydra Drive offered only with Diesels but not offered in the USA.

http://www.redfinnboats.com/pdf/Yama...chure-2010.pdf

Last edited by BUP; 02-12-2016 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the ILMOR "One Drive" with the 7.4L and it failed with only 100 hours on it.