Notices

OT: Landlords and Lawers

Old 09-22-2002, 02:02 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audacity.....Jon is watching the game!!!

Answering for my friend....he designs, builds, and installs high end entertainment systems. Stereo, video, etc... in homes, cars, trucks, boats (he had a post about a theater system he put in a 64 Hatteras a week or so ago). He does AWSOME work....I've seen some of it (as has Lutzparty) and get's compliments on it often. Right Lutzy??

Good luck Jon. Hope this works out the best way it can for you!!!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 07:35 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks foul: I feel a little better now

Nothing real bad happened today. I did take off for a bit and watched the second half of the game. That was good to take my mind off things for a bit, but even my customer knew something was really up!! As soon as I got in the car I was right back into the thoughts of WTF to do. Tomarrow first thing in the AM hopefully I wil have some answers. I will keep you all posted. Tomarrow is sapposedly the day they remove power. If that is the case I will not be able to get my theater/showroom apart because of the motorized screens and lifts. Also there are no windows in my office and showroom (the idea theater environment) so I need power to move. I do have a very small generator that I got a long time ago but I am not even sure if it works, never tried to use it. I will let you all know were things stand as soon as I get out of the lawers office.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:40 PM
cartman

Angry

Jon sorry to hear about your situation. I have a 5000 watt generator if you want to borrow it let me know and Ill drop it off to you, It's loud but plenty of juice.

Old 09-22-2002, 08:43 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Thanks man
Old 09-22-2002, 09:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Have the telephone company use their remote call forwarding feature and forward your calls to your cell phone or another number somewhere else. They should be able to do this in less than two hours.

Good luck
Old 09-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Anyone know if the forwarding will work if the phones are cut off? Like a mean the guy just cuts the wires going into my shop? Wont that give a service is disconnected message?
Old 09-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

No it won't. If the wires are shoreted it will be the same as all lines busy. If the wires are not shorted the callers will hear ringing, just like the phone is unplugged.

Either way, the telephone campany can remote call forward your line(s) to another number from the central office. If you have any toll free numbers, your toll free provider can forward your toll free number to any number. They can do this in about 15 minutes.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:12 AM
Registered

Jon yes the phones will still forward even if the lines are cut.
It is a switching thing done at the phone company.

and Yes the Pats beat the hapless CHEFS (not misspelled). Our defense sucks our quarterback is scared and our general manager has a HUGE EGO!

Foul is correct on the quality of work that you do as well. I had a mechanic working on the LutzParty and he noticed the wiring and commented on what a good looking job it was.

Good luck.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Talk to the town make sure they have pulled or the permits and filed the correct paperwork, just try and by some time for a couple of days.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:17 AM
Registered

Jon,

Good luck my man. I hope you can get up and running soon. Sounds to me like you have some grounds to sue your landlord! If you need anything please call. You are not THAT far away! I can try and run over and help you out.

Shane

Quick Reply: OT: Landlords and Lawers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.