Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Landlords and Lawers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33467-ot-landlords-lawers.html)

Audiofn 09-22-2002 01:42 AM

OT: Landlords and Lawers

I am in the Boston area and today I just found out some truely unreal stuff about my land lord for my shop. I have been in this shop for 8 years on November 4th. Well recently the landord decided that he wanted to rip the buildings down and put up new ones. He said he was going to temporarily leave the building up that I was in and build the two new buildings. Well last week he finds out that the telephone poles are in the way and he has to take them down. In turn I will loose my power. Well I run out and remind him that I have a lease and want to know why he feels he should not honor it. He says show me the lease. I spend the day looking for it but finally find it and show it to him. HE says ok you have a lease and I will honor it. So I think great!!!! Well I guess yesterday the water was shut off to my shop. I went to wash the boat before a wedding today, and there was no water!!! I was pissed. They never said anything about loosing water!!! So I ask the guy to turn it on. He says they will not turn the water on. I figured that I did not have time to argue with him so I take my boat to a friends shop in the next town and wash it there. Well I get a call later in the day. It is my father. I guess these clowns took all the oil out of my two oil tanks and crushed them!!! They say about 400 or more gallons of oil. SO now I have no heat I guess!!!! Then they said that Tuesday they are going to disconnect the power!!!! What the hell is up!! I really need as much info as I can to put a stop to this crap. This is my life this jerk off is messing with!!!! I am really freeking out that if the power is shut off I am going to loose a lot of business. There will be no phone or anything for me!!! If any of you have suggestions as to what to do I am all ears. I have a apointment with a Lawer at 8 or 9am on Monday, I am just looking for as much info as I can so that I can keep this guy from shutting me down.

Jon

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-22-2002 01:50 AM

The phones shouldn't be a problem unless you have them running through a phone system which requires AC Power.
Another thing, If for some reason the phone company needs to reconnect your lines and there is no power ground available, they may refuse to hook it up until one is placed.

I wish you luck. It sounds like he is willing to let you stay there but he is really forcing you out by cutting off the utilities. Something doesn't sound legal there.........:confused:

Audiofn 09-22-2002 01:56 AM

Sharkey: All the phones in the shop are multi line phones that require power. Also my answering machine requires power. The only work around to that is to have the answering service with Bell Atlantic.

Jon

LutzParty 09-22-2002 04:39 AM

Jon , forward the phones to your cell. You can utilize the voice mail feature for your answering device. As for a shop are there any spaces nearby that you can lease? U Store it, etc. for temporary to store equipment and such.

Just my initial thought

As for the legal action, document everything so you have something other than your memory and his.

Good Luck.

audacity 09-22-2002 07:05 AM

that sucks bro!!...**** i have trouble get'n my looser renters to even pay! let us know what's up....sounds like a good (BAD) story.

mika 09-22-2002 11:02 AM

Our business is very phone dependant. We have a small generator to run our phones if we have power trouble. It gets us by in a pinch.
Hope this works out for you.

Audiofn 09-22-2002 11:47 AM

I came to the shop today to make plans and work, but I keep looking around at all the work I have done hear and I just want to cry. It is very depressing to see all this work come to a screaching hault just as I was starting to really make some strides to profitability. I took all the guns and moved them today to a new lock box, and I am making arrangements to move them again to another safe location. That is my first responsibility as we obviously do not want them getting out on the street. The second thing that I am doing is I have witnessed the demo guys smoking pot and drinking on the job, so tomarrow I am going to call thier insurance company and let them know that is what they do on the job. Hopefully that will get them to loose their insurance at leaste temporarily and slow things down a bit. From there what ever the lawer tells me to do. I hope that he tells me to call the cops and have these jerk off arrested for steeling my oil and tanks. I am just at a total loss for words as I am seeing everything I have worked my ass off for 10 years get torn apart by these jerks. Well I am going to disconnect my boat and head over to a customers house to watch the Patriots play and hopefully if they beat Kansas City I will feel a little bit better. Thanks for all the ideas guys that is exactly what I am looking for as my head is clouded with rage right now.

Jon

audacity 09-22-2002 12:10 PM

what do u do???

Playn 09-22-2002 01:01 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
I came to the shop today to make plans and work, but I keep looking around at all the work I have done hear and I just want to cry. It is very depressing to see all this work come to a screaching hault just as I was starting to really make some strides to profitability. I took all the guns and moved them today to a new lock box, and I am making arrangements to move them again to another safe location. That is my first responsibility as we obviously do not want them getting out on the street. The second thing that I am doing is I have witnessed the demo guys smoking pot and drinking on the job, so tomarrow I am going to call thier insurance company and let them know that is what they do on the job. Hopefully that will get them to loose their insurance at leaste temporarily and slow things down a bit. From there what ever the lawer tells me to do. I hope that he tells me to call the cops and have these jerk off arrested for steeling my oil and tanks. I am just at a total loss for words as I am seeing everything I have worked my ass off for 10 years get torn apart by these jerks. Well I am going to disconnect my boat and head over to a customers house to watch the Patriots play and hopefully if they beat Kansas City I will feel a little bit better. Thanks for all the ideas guys that is exactly what I am looking for as my head is clouded with rage right now.

Jon

Jon, That sucks.

First, Get a copy of your lease over to your attorney (fast)
Second, get valuables out of there
Third, find out if the landlord or demo company has pulled a permit. If they haven't, turn them in to the City. If they have your attorney can probably file some sort of document that will force them to stop work until the issue is resolved.

Good luck.

Steve 1 09-22-2002 01:52 PM

Jon
Damm that SUCKS ! Now is the time to start documenting everything with Polaroid Pictures. For down the road there may be a Lawsuit !

I hope it gets better for you! But that is not likely until you defend your self using Mr. Attorney and Chances are your Landlord is listening to his Counselor.

:(