If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ST. Louis, MO, USA
    My $0.02,
    Very nice boat boot. Sounds like you're doing it right.
    As for prop rotation, my experience has been with a couple 31' Cats with SSM drives. On this setup, the cleanest water comes through the tunnel. Props turning out will tend to have more bite on the upswing, pushing the rear lower and raising the bow.
    Props turning in will have more bite on the downswing, pushing the back of the boat up. On cats, the bow is lifted by the tunnel at speed anyway. So lifting the back of the boat out will make it ride higher out of the water.
    I ran over 15mph faster with the props turning in, and the boat felt lighter and higher out of the water. It came on plane much faster too.
    Although with the amount of setback an arneson has, I'm not sure if it is as relavent.

My Boats:
    39' Ocean Express cat,18' Kustom Cat ("Mini me") , Aquasport CC
    Monroe Mi.
    Gary, Question is on your cat with ssm. What kind of cat ? how big? I have the same cat as boot w/ssm#4 and have questions as to nobody is running this cat w/ssm.

Congrats Boot!!!! Always glad to hear of another Express back in action! Now if I can just get Phatkat going on ours. Oh' ours turn in also..

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    Kaamacat, Thanks for those shots you sent me . I haven't hooked up those pick ups yet .they are for the intercoolers .

Gary, THanks for the info. I would like to try them the other way but I need a lot of time to kill to make that swap worth while !

29 scarab , I sent it ! Finaly !

Thanks for all the replies . It is great motivation to keep going .

So when is next years Express cat reunion ? I would LOVE to be there !

ST. Louis, MO, USA
    31' Chris Cats. SSM #2 and SSM #3 drives.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234