Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need help nordic 28 t444e parasail boat >

Need help nordic 28 t444e parasail boat

Notices

Need help nordic 28 t444e parasail boat

Old 02-22-2016, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Its not the amount of power , its throttle response. You may only need an additional 500 rpm for 2 or 3 seconds to change attitude of 'chute, so it has to be right there , right now. Many times this is on a motor under almost no load , so not making much boost.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will make a little video to show you guys whats the lag
Old 02-23-2016, 08:39 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a little bit of looking around, it looks like an air tank and air jets to help spin up the blades is probably the safest/cheapest bet. maybe could add a wastegate to allow the turbo to spin faster before trying to build boost

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...engines-boost/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L-URaOmM_U

Last edited by Wobble; 02-23-2016 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

That 7.3 international was a great truck engine , but it is horrible in a boat unless you are going to use it for an anchor.

I have years of seat time in the 28 Nordic ascenders . Great parasail boat for the day.

That 7.3 does not have the throttle response that is needed so flying with a larger than needed chute for the conditions will help but you have to be sure you have it propped down also.

Over propping and overloading that motor will kill hat motor with heat.

If you have to run that motor over 3/4 throttle throughout a flight you are killing it.

Keep you weights low and limit your throttle to no more than half and you may get that motor to live for a little while longer.

Problem is that the 7.3 is simply not enough power so the motor is being ran hard all the time, and the 7.3 didn't like that. Never had one make it past a thousand hours.

Back in the day we were all sold on how much money we were going to save with diesels instead of gas motors.

Hah

In my 20 years of being in and out of the Parasail business if I could have back all the money that I lost on downtime and spent on diesel parts I would be living in a mansion with a helicopter out front.

Save your self a ton of money and heartache and buy a gas 454 that is carbureted and makes 330 hp.

I used to get 4000 hours out of them, most I ever got out of a diesel was 2500 out of my yanmar 300 and I had spent close to 20 thousand to get it to last that long.

Last edited by tommymonza; 02-23-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:13 AM
Registered

Parasail941 I take it you are running the 496 s these days.

What boats you running?
Old 02-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Registered

Just sold my last boat , 31 OP , now I sub out all my flying to some great guys. I had 2 Premiums and 2 Nordics. I phased out the 496's mainly because of the Guardian System and went back to 502's. It's a bad feeling having people in the air and going in to guardian mode because water pressure drops a few pounds. Most people find it hard to believe a gas motor ends up giving a better bottom line than diesel in a 2000+ hr application , but in our business , it does.
By the way , Tommy , I sleep like a baby now!
Old 02-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941
Just sold my last boat , 31 OP , now I sub out all my flying to some great guys. I had 2 Premiums and 2 Nordics. I phased out the 496's mainly because of the Guardian System and went back to 502's. It's a bad feeling having people in the air and going in to guardian mode because water pressure drops a few pounds. Most people find it hard to believe a gas motor ends up giving a better bottom line than diesel in a 2000+ hr application , but in our business , it does.
By the way , Tommy , I sleep like a baby now!
Only way to sleep like a baby is to sub it out , if the Captains aren't whining how they are Superparasailors and they are underpaid ,they are tearing up the equipment.

Yea I never had the 496s.last motors were the yanmars 300s in a 31OP with direct drive .Drawing 4 and a half feet makes it pretty tough to go in and out a pass that is barely 5 feet. And changing daily. But no more out drives ,Yea.

I was up in Cortez a couple months ago for the 1st time in many years. Is Chris and Debbie still around from Custom Chutes?

When the 496s first came out and they always were having sensor problems I was like why go backwards.

In the old gasser days the old 330 carb motor was the only thing that never gave us a problem.

My 1st parasail boat back in 85 was a cobbled together aluminum 32 BellCraft catamaran . Had twin 120 Johnson loopers . Bought a winch up in Central Fl and put a 13 horse honda on it.

Very rough looking by today standards but I flew for the Ritz Carlton in Naples with it for many years. Sold it to a buddy 20 years ago and he still runs it up in Jersey.

Loved the repetitive systems for safety .If I had to do it again I would do a small water cooled honda for the winch with a couple Yamaha 4 strokes hanging off the back.

Last edited by tommymonza; 02-23-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:20 AM
Registered

Yes I was with Chris this morning , I have to pick up a Nordic from Neil in Ft Meyers this afternoon. Hauling it to Long Beach,Ca , its going to Saipan.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:02 PM
Registered

Good for you Mate , as Chris would say.

Tell Chris , Tommy from Bonita said Hi old friend.

Chit wish I knew you were in town I was down in Ft Myers today.
Could have said hello.

Glad to see Neil is still around , I see his inflatable out everyday I just didn't know if it was him that as still in the game. I Have not spoke with him in years. There is a Diehard Crew there.

You know Patrick from Diamond Head down here also?

Or what about Kurk up at Cortez? There is a Character.

Saipan? What do they need a Parasail boat in a little hick town right outside of Guam for?

Last edited by tommymonza; 02-23-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:48 AM
Registered

This is the third boat this guy in Saipan has bought from us , and he wants one more. He's over 10 k shipping per boat and fine with it! I put a composite floor in Neils inflatable about six months ago , i guess he'll run that thing forever.
I did complete paint / transom /floor on the Premium for Bonita Beach Parasail last Aug. Parasail world is small , I had a captain fart on a boat in Bradenton and got a call a couple hours later from a friend in Key West telling me what it smelled like. Only business I ever owned where I've had to actually fist fight my competition and my own Captains/Crew on occasion and they considered this normal procedure! Luckily I'm bigger than they are!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.