Cool old video of the Hendricks Motor Sports Scarab >

Cool old video of the Hendricks Motor Sports Scarab

Notices

Cool old video of the Hendricks Motor Sports Scarab

Old 02-29-2016, 08:31 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I passed this along to someone that can show Mr Hendrick.

Maybe we will get more of the story.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:35 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by hrs pla
Who's idea was the "Not a freaking outerlimits" Too funny.
was wondering if anyone was gonna notice that lol. I cant remember why I put that on there but it was vinyl, cant remember if that was an inside shop joke or that Bob got asked a bunch of times if it was an OL or something like that lol
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 02-29-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I passed this along to someone that can show Mr Hendrick.

Maybe we will get more of the story.
I have since forwarded it to him and a few others who could appreciate what that boat was back in the day.
When I see him I plan to ask him where the life vests were & who was standing / holding on between the 2 front bolsters while they were wave crushing??
Old 03-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
I have since forwarded it to him and a few others who could appreciate what that boat was back in the day.
When I see him I plan to ask him where the life vests were & who was standing / holding on between the 2 front bolsters while they were wave crushing??
Almost looks like the guy in the other bolster could be Bill Erickson
Old 03-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
man that is seriously 80's . . .

I restored that boat about eight years ago for its current owner (and the guy that hosted the vid on Youtube). That boat right there is the sole reason i went back to a straight bottom 38. I took it out in Lake Erie in 5-6 footers in twenty-twenty five knot east winds and she flat out crushed it and it has stuck with me since that day. I swear . . . . we were playing Jenga on the dash

it is now the NASTY Scarab but when i sanded off the graphics you could clearly see the Hendricks Motorsports markings. Very cool boat, it was also Merc magazine ad boat for the tall deck 575's of the day.

the pic in the water is actually a reference photo from year before i restored it
I thought it looked familiar. I used to see "Nasty" over at Crystal Bay back when I was a bit younger... Is it still around the great lakes??
Old 03-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice, but I'd rather have Ricks other boat, Wheels.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe there were 2 of these boats b/c according to resources here his Scarab, the one used in the Days of Thunder film is in storage. I was surprised when I read GD's post that he'd helped restore for a new owner b/c Mr. H rarely lets anything w/ any sort of history go.
Beyond what I was told I know nada & am not disputing any of the previous posts.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Registered

Maybe there were 2 of these boats b/c according to resources here his Scarab, the one used in the Days of Thunder film is in storage. I was surprised when I read GD's post that he'd helped restore for a new owner b/c Mr. H rarely lets anything w/ any sort of history go.
Beyond what I was told I know nada & am not disputing any of the previous posts.
Days of Thunder boat was an Excel
I believe it was sold recently
Old 03-02-2016, 09:01 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Thats interesting, I'm thinking there must have been two boats then or as Wayne stated Days of Thunder is an Excell. Somewhere i have a pic of the Hendricks name on the side as i was sanding through the Nasty logo. There was actually several logos that i excavated when i removed all the old graphics and paint. Funny thing is i dont really follow the sport well enough to know the names and i did not know who or what Hendicks was and brought it to the attention of the owner when i found them buried. He then told me about the boats history.

check this out . . . . worst transom i have ever seen was in that boat. It was so rotted i cut the perimeter and was able pull the whole thing out in one piece. wish they all came out like that lol
Attached Thumbnails Cool old video of the Hendricks Motor Sports Scarab-p1010017.jpg   Cool old video of the Hendricks Motor Sports Scarab-p1010023.jpg   Cool old video of the Hendricks Motor Sports Scarab-p1010018.jpg  

08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
Thats interesting, I'm thinking there must have been two boats then or as Wayne stated Days of Thunder is an Excell. Somewhere i have a pic of the Hendricks name on the side as i was sanding through the Nasty logo. There was actually several logos that i excavated when i removed all the old graphics and paint. Funny thing is i dont really follow the sport well enough to know the names and i did not know who or what Hendicks was and brought it to the attention of the owner when i found them buried. He then told me about the boats history.

check this out . . . . worst transom i have ever seen was in that boat. It was so rotted i cut the perimeter and was able pull the whole thing out in one piece. wish they all came out like that lol
Holy wood rot Glass Man!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.