OT:Formula One race next weekend @ Indy

Notices

OT:Formula One race next weekend @ Indy

Old 09-22-2002, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OT:Formula One race next weekend @ Indy

Any OSOer's going?
The wife and I are die hard F1 fans and have gone since they brought it back to the States.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:03 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I go to Monteal for the Canadian Gran Prix every year, haven't done Indy yet, although I went to 10 straight 500s before the CART/IRL split. That split turned me off to American open wheel racing.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indy

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only F1 fan in OSO land. I did the same thing prior to the split. he problem is, by the time I was old enough and had enough money to do it, I got to enjoy it for only a couple of years, then they split. I hear that Andretti and others are heading to the IRL next year. I wonder how much longer CART will linger. I miss the good old days of open wheel racing.

I used to be a big IMSA fan too.

You owe it to yourself to see the USGP, it's awesome. They did a fine job making a road course out of what they had to work with. I used to dread September, because it meant the end of summer, but anymore, I can't wait. F1 is coming to town! I consider myself very lucky to live less than three hours from an F1 race.

I think it's one of the cheapest to attend as well. My tickets are right at turn one, $85.00 each. Not bad, NASCAR at Daytona and Bristol is over $100.00. There is no comparison between the two either. 25 year old technology vs. space age technology.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:12 AM
scottr

Indy,

The F1 here is really awesome. Might have two extra tickets. Drop me an email if you decide to get a wild hair.

ScottR

Old 09-23-2002, 06:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F1 is an interesting series.
Rules are hard to understand though.
I like it better since they banned the turbos and the "witches brew" fuels. A lot of neat technology has come from them, active suspension, ABS, traction control, electronic shifting (Ferrari), etc. Was watching some of the F1 race from Monza last night and heard the some of the cars have "computer controlled shifting" (automatic??). What's up with that? Takes some of the skill out of it, doesn't it?
Old 09-23-2002, 06:19 AM
Offshore News

I will be there covering the event. Should be a blast.