Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Charlie Tesauro's 6th Annual HOT TOTTIE Run Long Island, NY (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33530-charlie-tesauros-6th-annual-hot-tottie-run-long-island-ny.html)

Shane 09-24-2002 07:46 AM

Sean,

This started out several years ago as a cat run only, but has evolved quite a bit since. As you can see there is a lot of interest from all types of boat owners so maybe there will be two groups. This way the "less fast" guys will not get lost if there is someone that knows the waters leading them. You up for the task?

Sean 09-24-2002 08:15 AM

Shane,

There's only a short stretch of water between Shinnecock(where I am) and Westhampton. It's about the only stretch of water I know on the South Shore, but I would be more than happy to pick up the stragglers there and show them the way to The Grill :D :D

Sean 09-24-2002 09:32 AM

Hey Shane,

Actually, you guys don't come in through Shinnecock, do ya? I heard that you don't go as far as Southampton, so being that I am coming from the east, I'll have to just meet ya there and help tie up the boats:D :( :D

Goody76 09-24-2002 10:11 AM

Isn't there a speed limit of 45 mph on the Great South Bay?

Please correct me if I am wrong!

Philip 09-24-2002 10:35 AM

Speed Limit! We Don't need no stinking Speed Limit!
Gregg are you thinking about going?
Shane I tried to send you a Pm, but your mailbox is full. I am pretty sure I will be there, I might be part to the T2x crew,
( 28'=more MPH then 32') We would have 2 old and obsolete guys in a boat. Well not T2x only me, he just bought a "Wing"
Philip

Shane 09-24-2002 10:40 AM

I'll check out the mailbox situation. Thanks. COOL! Glad you will be there. Be better if you had your 32 so us slower guys can hang together!:D ;)

Either way, see you next weekend. I may be staying at my parents house, maybe we should trailer out there together? Would you be leaving from Rich's in Wyckoff cuz my parents live right with 5 minutes of Rich.

Give me a call this afternoon at work.

Shane:cool:

Shane 09-24-2002 12:45 PM

TTT:D

Vinny P 09-24-2002 02:20 PM

I want to make this run but I don't know where Molley Malone's Dock in the Bayshore Marina is. Can anyone who knows please post a map ( even hand drawn ) say from Fire Island Inlet or the state channel to Molley Malone's??? I will be coming from Al Grovers' in Freeport, I can run the ocean to Fire Island Inlet or run the State Channel East toward Robert Moses.

Thanks

Eric28 09-24-2002 03:11 PM

I believe Charlie has contacted local police to say that were comming. over 45mph should not be a problem:D

ActiveFun 09-24-2002 03:51 PM

V-Hulls

Is there a confirmed list of V's?