Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Charlie Tesauro's 6th Annual HOT TOTTIE Run Long Island, NY (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33530-charlie-tesauros-6th-annual-hot-tottie-run-long-island-ny.html)

Ryan Beckley 10-02-2002 05:59 PM

We are leaving Thur nite hope to be there Fri afternoon. Mark, Roxie, Linz and I are bringing up my 24, hopefully the weater is good. I'm bringing a stack of different SKATER decals so if any one wants to buy some look me up. See y'all Friday or Saturday!

Shane 10-02-2002 06:17 PM

Ryan,

Weather looks better for Sunday rather than Saturday. Travel safely and we'll see you Saturday morning.

Shane

Vinny P 10-02-2002 07:03 PM

Shane;

As it looks now, the weather may not cooperate for Saturday. Sunday looks to be the better of the days this weekend. If the run doesn't go off on Saturday, I can't make it on Sunday. I just wanted to let you. I don't want to simply not show up..

straycat 10-02-2002 08:14 PM

weather contigency?

Whats the deal if the weather is N/G for Sat? I have a wedding on Sat but Sunday would be a go.Is there a raindate for the run?

charlie 28 10-02-2002 11:27 PM

The rain date is sunday i'm going to keep checking on the weather. I'll decide on friday morning. Ryan and anyone out state give me a call and we'll get together friday nite.

charlie 28 10-02-2002 11:53 PM

If your going to be ramping your boat or you need any direction please give me a call. If your need the ramp you have to put in before 8:20am or after 9:30 am. The town is having there 10k running race down in the marina.I dont think they would like all that two-cycle oil in there lungs.

boot 10-03-2002 12:45 AM

Oh man ,,,,, Somebody loan me a pair of motors that don't have any bugs in them like mine do !!

Shane , is your computer stuck ?? All I see is "Skater Skater Skater Skater Sater Skater Skater Skater Skater Skater " What's up with that ?? YOu should have that checked !!:D IF there realy is that many Skaters my Express cat may get hives ,I better not bring it !!:D

MAybe I'll just swipe KenP's boat . HE never uses it anyway !!:rolleyes:

Shane 10-03-2002 05:38 AM

Straycat,
Like Charlie said RAIN DATE is SUNDAY!

BOOT,
NOPE not stuck stuck stuck stuck stuck stuck:D Please come on over it will be a blast! Hey, I am coming from Lake George and Ryan from Florida!

charlie 28 10-03-2002 06:35 AM

LETS GET IT ON!!!!!

Shane 10-03-2002 09:39 AM

DIRECTIONS!

I have launched at the town marina in Bay Shore before and if the cops come they may hassle you for not having a town permit. I will be launching at the state park 3 miles away. I reccommend others do as well. Here are the directions to both.

State Park Free Launch No Hassles
Take the L.I.E. Long Island Expressway to Exit 53 (Crooked Hill Road, Rte. 13) Follow Crooked Hill Road/13 South to Rte. 27 East (Sunrise Rise Highway) Be careful as there is another Rte. 27! Follow Sunrise Hwy east to Exit 46. This will put you on a service road. Follow the service road to Heckshire State Park. Make a right onto Heckshire State Parkway (trailers are allowed) to launch. There will be signs for boat ramp. Apparently the Troutly's fellow brethern are tough on th speed limit in the park and there are also a lot of deer so take it easy. After launching head out of the park and take a right. Follow along the shore for 2 to 3 miles keeping 100-200 yards off shore to the Bay Shore Marina on your right. Pull into the marina and the gang will be right in front of you. An easy way to find the Bay Shore Marina is to watch for the Ferry Boats. They are constatnly going in and out of the Bay Shore Marina.

Directions to Bay Shore Local Town Ramp
Take the L.I.E. Long Island Expressway to Exit 53 (Crooked Hill Road, Rte. 13) Follow Crooked Hill Road/13 South and it turns into 5th Ave. Follow 5th ave to the end turns into the marina. Launch and head out of marina and you will see the gathering on your left.

Again, Charlie's cell number is 516-805-8782. I am from 350 miles north so I do NOT know the area well. I have been there a few times but Charlie would be best to ask direction. He gave me these to post on his behalf.