Notices

Breakwater Chicago

Old 03-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
you can only wonder what some real waves will do to that ....
Top off the pool?
Old 03-16-2016, 07:58 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I cannot fathom the political red tape it would take to make this a reality. This IS Chicago we are talking about...

Hell...before it's over, they'd probably have to incorporate some Section 8 housing into the plan to make it legal...

LOL! yep and there would also be an article in the local papers on how much money has been spent greasing peoples palms to get tax breaks and how they are now avoiding tax's for set amount of years and the city(the tax payers) has to PAY them to keep it floating!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:00 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I cannot fathom the political red tape it would take to make this a reality. This IS Chicago we are talking about...

Hell...before it's over, they'd probably have to incorporate some Section 8 housing into the plan to make it legal...
Yup,,,,<Chicago hates boaters
Old 03-16-2016, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
I can understand a floating bar/nightclub....but a swimming pool? I mean its the playpen! jump off the boat and go swimming...why would i boat out to a floating island to go swimming?
I dunno...lakeside pool bars seem to work pretty well at LOTO.

Last edited by Wasted Income; 03-16-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I can understand a floating bar/nightclub....but a swimming pool? I mean its the playpen! jump off the boat and go swimming...why would i boat out to a floating island to go swimming?
You can heat the pool, Lake Michigan not so much!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I dunno...lakeside pool bars seem to work pretty well at LOTO.
I went on a poker run to the Bahamas a few years ago. Resort pool was beachfront and had a swim up bar. The bathrooms were far away from the pool 600-700 ft. After my 2nd trip to take a leak I realized that despite all the drinking (hours worth), very few people were leaving the pool. I didn't get back in the water......
Old 03-16-2016, 08:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I went on a poker run to the Bahamas a few years ago. Resort pool was beachfront and had a swim up bar. The bathrooms were far away from the pool 600-700 ft. After my 2nd trip to take a leak I realized that despite all the drinking (hours worth), very few people were leaving the pool. I didn't get back in the water......
After you drink enough alcohol, it's mostly water anyway, haha.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

If this thing ends up anchored in the Playpen (Chicago's version of party cove for the LOTO folks) i still cant see people wanting to be in the pool.....it will definitely be an attraction people will want to check out for the first month or two...and then people will end up going right back to rafting off each other and partying together.....who's gonna pay $5/beer when you have all the drinks you want on board your own boat! Unless this place has killer food to keep people coming back (which i think would be AWESOME to have a place on the water for food) i still don't see this lasting too long.....and knowing how Chicago operates.....they will charge you $20/hr or more to dock at this joint!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:02 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

If anyone local remembers the Baja beach club downtown just down the channel from Navy Pier...they were charging that ($20/hr) per boat and that was some 15-20yrs ago! Man I'm old!!!

Old 03-16-2016, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If this thing ends up anchored in the Playpen (Chicago's version of party cove for the LOTO folks) i still cant see people wanting to be in the pool.....it will definitely be an attraction people will want to check out for the first month or two...and then people will end up going right back to rafting off each other and partying together.....who's gonna pay $5/beer when you have all the drinks you want on board your own boat! Unless this place has killer food to keep people coming back (which i think would be AWESOME to have a place on the water for food) i still don't see this lasting too long.....and knowing how Chicago operates.....they will charge you $20/hr or more to dock at this joint!!
$20/hr? LMAO. When Dick's Last Resort was still over in Ogden Slip, it was $40 just to tie a rope...minimum. The new Riverwalk is $1/per foot per hour. My boat actually shinks when I get there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.