Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips??? >

Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips???

Notices

Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips???

Old 03-17-2016, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Nate, I think if you have been on the waiting list since August and don't have a room then it would be pretty pointless for me to get on it now. If you get your room and want to make some money, I'll take it off your hands

Honestly though I'm probably more concerned about being able to park the boat at sunset, shower and be right next to the nightlife when its time to go out. Traveling with the boat during the day doesn't bother me.

Keep all of the info coming guys, this thread has been very informative for me and I hope it helps other people too. Thank you.

I will let you know Adam.....there is always deals to be made.

I have to imagine you could get a room near Camden (couple nice places right there) but keep the boat out back camden. They are certainly big enough and your boat will Def turn heads like everyone at Camden enjoys seeing.

Can't wait to see ya out there tearing it up brother
Old 03-17-2016, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have stayed all over the lake as i have been there many but many times and it's my favorite place to be. Last yr i stayed at Lands End. Not many people stayed there last yr but that use to be the place to stay when they first developed it especially being next to TopSiders which was the place to be and party at night especially the dock parties. It's probably the nicest condos on the lake. It's a great area and literally located in the middle of the lake. Across from Dog Days and that's a place where a lot of stuff happens. Camden is great and yes it's where the night life finishes and where the sat night party is but don't be fooled and think that's where all the action is because it is not. PBC is the place to be at during the day as they have the Red Head Yacht club with the pool and women by the dozen and where everyone goes by boat and ties up there. Tan Tara is a good location and normally is with the Nortech crew normally stays which i guess for you is good. You don't want to stay pass Tan Tara as most of the action besides the shoot out is from Tan Tara down to the Dam. Once the shootout is over on Sat and Sunday that part of the lake is slow and dead. This yr i'm staying at the Ledges which is one cove away from PBC. I have stayed at 4 Seasons before and what i didn't like besides that no one stays there, is that the boat slips they rent are not protected and your boat will be rocking all day when docked. I got one bad ass condo at the Ledges for the same price as Camden and LOTS of people stay here and have a shot load of dock parties which is what makes this weekend fun and again close to PBC. PBC holds the Friday night party. Hope this helps.

Last edited by SkaterMike82; 03-17-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Toss out a dumb question.

Anyone if they rent anything worth a **** other than a toon or fundeck? Had a fun deck 2 years ago and much rather had just got a toon.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

I am sooooo cofused LOL.

We will be there Fri-Mon and most people in my crew like action during the day with music, pools, bars, and are more of the dock the boat and party type, not raft up and party. During dinner time like to walk around the docks, get a good dinner, check out the boats, and then obviously late night we like to frequent the busiest spots like Ricks in KW.
With that in mind can some of you guys fill out a sample itinerary with each day broken down into 3 parts like so:

Friday Day:
Evening:
Late Night:

Sat Day:
Evening:
Late Night:
Old 03-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Registered

Well for starters, I HIGHLY recommend you to get there by Wed especially if you are coming from the east coast or else, you only going to enjoy Sat if you are getting there Friday by the time you are all set in. Friday is the day we all run and finish off at Dog Days. Sunday 65-70 % of the people are gone and do not attend the shoot out. As i said try and get there by Wed which is when we all get there. Wen night is the street party at the Dam, Thursday run around the lake all day, party it up at PBC and party it up at night, Fri is different fun runs and the one us guys with the cats and fast V's run is the one that Randy Wild puts together that goes up to the 44 mile marker and finishes at Dog Days. Sat is the Shoot out and raft off watching the Shoot out and getting blizzard, After shoot out back to PBC, or whoever you are hanging with or following to another one of the lakes hot spot, Coconuts, Shady Gator etc. At night party at Camden on the Lake. Sunday as i said 65% of people are gone an the rest go see the shootout and fater shoot out the repeat of Sat after the shootout and put boats back in trailer and than hope that KW gets here soon.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:39 AM
Registered

Thanks Mike, if that's the case we will probably leave early Wed AM, and be at LOTO by midnight. Put the boat in on Thurs morning and go from there.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

I would get on the phone right now and call Brett at Redhead Yacht Club/Performance Boat Center. Absolutely no doubt about it. You will be about at the midpoint between Camden on the Lake and the Shootout, you will be within 10 miles of probably 10 different bars (including Randy Wilds party at Dog Days on Friday night), and the have the best performance based mechanics on that lake. I think that it was last year that an MTI lost a #6 and they had one IN STOCK. They are the real deal for a setup like yours. Plenty of high zoop fuel and if you need something special, I am sure that hey can arrange it. The best part is that when you park at night, you will be at one of the most happening places on the lake!

Don't wait- call them now! I look forward to seeing your boat at the Shootout. Thanks for coming.

BTW, you would probably not like 4 seasons or tan tara, as they are old and stale.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Toss out a dumb question.

Anyone if they rent anything worth a **** other than a toon or fundeck? Had a fun deck 2 years ago and much rather had just got a toon.
I rented a toon 2 summers ago for my son's 21st b-day so I could haul him around to all the on-water bars and not have to haul my boat down there just for that. HATED IT! If you aren't accustomed to the 3 mile wide turning radius of a toon with no power steering it will suck in tight quarters around the dock. I managed OK at most places but looked like a monkey humping a football leaving Paradice as I was out on the end next to the house with the dock next door and there were people in the water off that dock and a couple boats leaving/entering that limited my maneuvering room. One of the boat rental places offered a 266 Crownline. I would have taken that as I had one from '02 - '04. It handled LOTO just fine in most conditions and has plenty of room for passengers.

POS rental 'toon vs. my 266.
Attached Thumbnails Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips???-pos-toon.jpg   Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips???-266br1.jpg  
Old 03-17-2016, 02:02 PM
Registered

Ok getting lots of tips from people. From what I've gathered Coconuts and RYC/PBC are two of the best and busiest spots for day drinking and hanging out by the pool.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I would get on the phone right now and call Brett at Redhead Yacht Club/Performance Boat Center. Absolutely no doubt about it. You will be about at the midpoint between Camden on the Lake and the Shootout, you will be within 10 miles of probably 10 different bars (including Randy Wilds party at Dog Days on Friday night), and the have the best performance based mechanics on that lake. I think that it was last year that an MTI lost a #6 and they had one IN STOCK. They are the real deal for a setup like yours. Plenty of high zoop fuel and if you need something special, I am sure that hey can arrange it. The best part is that when you park at night, you will be at one of the most happening places on the lake!

Don't wait- call them now! I look forward to seeing your boat at the Shootout. Thanks for coming.

BTW, you would probably not like 4 seasons or tan tara, as they are old and stale.
You are correct. Kenny blew a M8 drive and they had two in stock and had him in the water within 3 hrs. BEST place on the lake period and probably the best in the industry along with very but very few others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.