Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fund raiser for Jerry Gray - Saturday Sept 7th >

Fund raiser for Jerry Gray - Saturday Sept 7th

Notices

Fund raiser for Jerry Gray - Saturday Sept 7th

Old 08-12-2002, 08:59 PM
kook

Default Fund raiser for Jerry Gray - Saturday Sept 7th

Jerry Gray is my buddy who was injured on my boat on July 13th. He suffered massive head trauma injuries and is still in a coma at this time. He has made some positive progress but the prognosis is still undetermined. Lee's and Pat's Marinas on the Northeast river in Charlestown, MD are hosting a fund raiser for Jerry. There will be a DJ, beer, food and more. The date is Sept. 7th starting at 2:00pm. The cost is $20.00 per ticket. There will also be a $5.00 raffle for a Weber grill, and I think there will be some other raffles as well. If you would like tickets beforehand, or if there are any questions, please drop me an e-mail or contact Lee's Marina at (410)-287-5100. Hope to see you there - this is certainly for a good cause.

Coordinates are approximately:

Lat: N 39 34 24
Long: W 75 58 04

(units of measure are dd mm ss)

-Mark
[email protected]

Old 08-12-2002, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm from Chicago and can't make it but I would like to donate something for you to raffle off. Let me know if this would be okay. I posted here instead of email in hopes others would follow my lead.

Let me know,
Dave
Old 08-12-2002, 10:45 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Great Idea!!!! I'm checking my calender!!! Is this going to kid friendly??
Old 08-13-2002, 07:35 AM
kook

Originally posted by R Addiction
Great Idea!!!! I'm checking my calender!!! Is this going to kid friendly??
Yes

Old 08-13-2002, 12:39 PM
Registered

Default Jerry Gray

Kook, as I was about to send you a pm I noticed this thread as your last post. The tradegy that happen to your friend I think is something that most of us here on the board keep in the back of our minds when out runnin' our boats hard, especially us 25 Sunsation owners. I don't what your friend has for medical insurance or family, but I know in a situation like this the financial burden has to be impossible.

My thought is to set up a fund that the rest of us OSO people can help out. Advertise it through this website and I know the fellow boaters would like to help out.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

Sounds good kook. We'd like to help out any way possible. Will there be boat tie up available? You can count us in.

I like tmager's idea. Any takers? This is one of our OSO brothers in a spot that anyone of us could find ourselves in. I am saddened to see this already on the second page and only 4 responses since noon. Clearly there is trouble on the financial front and there is no reason why we can't chip in! COME ON DUDES!!!! I am sure any suggestions or offers would be appreciated and will be a great help. How about you OSO GODs?

BT
Old 08-13-2002, 07:50 PM
kook

Dave:

I'll get more details on Saturday when I stop down at Lee's.

For those who can not attend, but would like to help out, I'm not expecting any freebies. Stay tuned..............

Old 08-13-2002, 07:55 PM
Registered

Let us know Mark,

BT
Old 08-14-2002, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT

Get well soon Jerry.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:33 AM
kook

A bit more info:

Kids under 6 yrs free, under 12 years $10.

To help with the planning, call up the marina, supply your name, and let them know if you think you are a "maybe" or a "definite" (as definite as can be expected).

Have not heard about a rain date (WTF is rain anyway? Haven't seen any here in a looooooooong time).

When you call, tell them you heard about it on the 'Net.

There's talk about using transient slips, but until I get down there this weekend, I won't have details.

-Mark

Quick Reply: Fund raiser for Jerry Gray - Saturday Sept 7th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.