Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ex-Taem Virgin F2 2002 Cigarette Gladiator on EBAY >

Ex-Taem Virgin F2 2002 Cigarette Gladiator on EBAY

Notices

Ex-Taem Virgin F2 2002 Cigarette Gladiator on EBAY

Old 09-23-2002, 08:21 PM
scottr

Default Ex-Taem Virgin F2 2002 Cigarette Gladiator on EBAY

Looks like the ex-Team Virgin 2002 F2 Cigarette Gladiator is up on EBAY. Talked to one of the Partners that owns the boat and it has been totally freshened up. New certified and sealed engines, fresh XR's, perfect paint, ect. I have seen this boat and it is awesome.

ScottR

Old 09-24-2002, 09:01 AM
Luke_Chinewalker

looks so good now you can't even tell that it was rolled

Old 09-24-2002, 10:01 AM
scottr

Lukie,

I do not think that is a secret. Very high profile boat. I believe it was caught on the Outdoor Channel, plus the drivers were interviewed at the scene by National Geographic for a water water rescue special. Looked the boat over and it is perfect. The Partners that are selling the boat have differing interests. One still want to race, another prefers Poker Runs and another wants to sponsor and manage. I guess the next thing you are going tom tell me that there is no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.

ScottR

Old 09-24-2002, 11:33 AM
Luke_Chinewalker

scottie,i would of thought you would be more interested in the tooth fairy since the big secret is the tooth hurts

Old 09-24-2002, 12:28 PM
scottr

Lukie,

Man, no Tooth Fairy either. This has been a black day.

Scottie

PS - Still love that boat.

Old 09-24-2002, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really don't mean to be a d**k about this, but what was the point of that? Do you really think that a potential buyer of the boat should know its history, just because it was on OLN and a National Geographic show? Is the fact that the boat rolled just insignificant info that whoever doesn’t know it must still believe in the Easter Bunny? I must be living under a rock, because I didn’t know about that boat rolling. Apparrently it’s common knowledge, so widely known that it doesn’t need to be mentioned in either the ad or the post directing people to it? How about addressing the fact with facts? Was there any damage to the boat when it rolled, and if so how extensive was it? How was it repaired? I think that anyone bidding on a $150K+ boat has the right to know that. Maybe it was covered under “totally freshened up” and “perfect paint”, or is the “etc.”?? Or is it pointed out in the ad where it says “Hull, Motors, drives are as new, Interior and trailer show some normal wear”??
Old 09-24-2002, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always liked that boat, and didn't know it rolled????Vehicle Condition

Hull, Motors, drives are as new, Interior and trailer show some normal wear

This is the race boat right??? how long was it raced and they are saying it is in as new condition????? Same motors?? Drives?? telling me no wear from racing??? Not wanting to put anyone down but bullchiiiittt

Here is the link,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...862290248#DESC

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 09-24-2002 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:51 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Playa Hater's

That's why you get surveys
Old 09-24-2002, 03:04 PM
scottr

Please pardon my humor, just trying to keep it a little light around here. Was really impressed with the boat. If I had the bucks I would step up to the plate and bid on it. (Would need to sell my Fountain first). The boat had no structural damage. Engine and rear seat hatches were replaced with new parts though. Some scratches. Boat was quickly recovered and tended to by pros. The owners are real stand up people. This boat would never go to a new home without full disclosure. Cigarette1 is right too. Survey any boat you buy. The EBAY ad shows the owner's telephone number inviting a conversation for more detail. Was not trying to speak for the owners. Have been a fan of this boat since Tres Martin showed them how to do it in F2. I suspect this boat is still one of the fastest, best rigged boats out there.

ScottR

PS - 27 Fountain, The engines were done by CRE and the drives by Lake X. No new races, just a Poker Run.

Old 09-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A roll should not effect the price of the boat. Yes it should and probably would be revealled to potential buyers. I know people that have purchased ex-Team Virgin boats and had great experiances with there honest way of doing buisness in the past. I still say it is one of the best looking 36's on the market (Untill mine arrives!!!)

Quick Reply: Ex-Taem Virgin F2 2002 Cigarette Gladiator on EBAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.