Notices

Being Boatless

Old 03-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Being Boatless

My boat is officially sold. I'm now currently boatless. I don't know if I'll go back to boating again. I decided with the money to investments with some of it to make it grow. Once my car is done for I'll buy another vehicle. I would like a used2013 or older Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton with a crew cab and 4wd.

In 5 years I would not only like to have a place with a garage. But to get into another hobby. I've been getting interested into restoring Farm Tractors. Taking the tractor to parades, cruises, and shows. Get a custom wagon for the back and have my nephews ride in it. Something that's pre 1960. Either from the 40s or the 50s like a John Deere or a Ford.

Last edited by Captain Nick; 03-19-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Sold my PP a few years back, been boatless ever since...horrible. We decided to take care of a few things that financially would keep me out of boating for a while but after the last project this summer I should be back to saving for a new ride. I fully intend to spend the balance of my life on the water if I'm so fortunate. I don't care if I'm 80 and going out in a 12' sh!tbox, I'm a water dude and always will be.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

With the sonic gone now and the Excursion listed for sale I am not sure what the boating future hold past something like a small CC to just hop around on as I can't be off the water entirely.

It Def helps having many many friends with big boy boats that I get to go on.

In time I want to say I will go big again but with the new biz, buying a home, selling the diesel truck, and all that. Just not sure what the future holds....we will see though.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

I have an 18' 1974 jet boat with a 454. it runs in the 60's but feels like a go kart and is fun but most of all it is paid for and I only have about $2500 in the whole thing. got tired of always buying things that required payments or $500 to run for the weekend and a big building to store them in. we have a lot of fun and my buddy has a pontoon to ride around the lake on. I live out in the country so I do have an old 8N ford tractor and several classic cars to play with but mostly I tired of the expense of and up keep of bigger and better so I downsized.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are a boating family so it is more than a toy to us. We use it as vacations and time away from work and the daily grind. My kids love it as much as I do so that makes it easy also. If it was a toy that just I could enjoy then it would be hard to justify the expense and the extra work. Actually how I made the jump into a big boat was I had a car that I had a ton of money in that just sat and when I did use it I had to leave my family at home. So I sold that bought the scarab. I still get my gearhead fix but get to do it around my girls. I'm a boater for life!!
Old 03-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Registered

Thank you all for your stories. I will say this I do know of people that are very knowledgeable of boats, cars, and tractors which is a good thing. Whenever I look for a toy to buy I always have a expert with me that knows there stuff. It's always good to have a second opinion.

Last edited by Captain Nick; 03-19-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Not having a boat is just crazy, I mean I get a little itchy when I am down to 2. Lol
Old 03-19-2016, 10:06 PM
Registered

More power to you for having a boat collection.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch sold boat for a john deer .. you will be back enjoy the new tractor .. wish you the best , to each his own you gota lucky nefew,
Old 03-19-2016, 11:15 PM
Registered

Rob, I didn't sell the boat to get a John Deere. I sold it because it would nice to have money. To invest my money wisely and let it grow. To really put a bit more money saved up more. Like I mentioned after my car is officialy done for I'll buy a used Chevy Truck. To also buy that time have the money for a down payment for a house that has a garage.

In 5 years I would like to restore an old school John Deere or Ford farm tractor from the 40s or the 50s. I'm sorry if I wasn't to clear. Thank you for wishing me the best of luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.