Chief and Precision Team Up to Create Engine-Building Powerhouse

Notices

Chief and Precision Team Up to Create Engine-Building Powerhouse

Old 08-19-2017, 09:15 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by indy
lol...still exist but you have to run 496hos, never missed a day running them.
truth!
Old 08-19-2017, 09:19 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by liquid prozac
well I have heard great things about Tommy and wish he was still involved! I own the 47 GTX Outerlimits XXX and i have the 1500/1250 Chief 632 CI quad Whipple motors recently gone through. First u buy a program for say $20,000.00 then you pay for tuning. Refresh the motors and change the cam slightly based on their recommendation and then spend $5000 for Ben to come to town for a couple days and to justify it he claims the tune is bad and he could of spent a week tuning the motors. At $2000 day i bet he could. but if the tune is junk WTF was the $20k for and then claims well i don't know what you did to the motor so i have to start over ( we changed the cam to what u suggested) thats all NOTHING else other than replacing worn parts fuel pumps, water pumps, servicing injectors ect. We also find out one motor is internally balanced the other one externally (thats a 3k bill to correct) now my computer has a race fuel tune and a pump gas tune but because he does not talk to or respond to the customer when on the dyno he fails to even look at it. Now Texas outlaw challenge was coming up in a few weeks i was told he would be here to do some in the water tuning that was included in my bill. I wanted to raise the rev limiter and run race fuel for the shootout not only did he not show up he didn't even respond to me or the shop Gulf Coast complete Marine until AFTER the shootout was over! SO here we are getting ready for LOTO and the same **** the ******* doesn't respond to countless messages nor has he ever looked at the race fuel tune or given me a way to raise the rev limiter. The answer you question how will it work........ its a disaster and i would not recommend anyone buy anything from them! This is in no way a knock on Tommy as i heard nothing but great things about him but he sold his company and reputation to a complete *******!

Cass:
Seriously, EVERY topic like this one ends up with stories like the above.

You should have heard the insider's view on what happened between Pier57 and Shogren "coming together".
Unfortunately, there are only 3 relevant parties on that topic; two have moved on to other industries, and one has passed.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Edit

Last edited by ToMorrow44; 08-21-2017 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Cass:
Seriously, EVERY topic like this one ends up with stories like the above.

You should have heard the insider's view on what happened between Pier57 and Shogren "coming together".
Unfortunately, there are only 3 relevant parties on that topic; two have moved on to other industries, and one has passed.
Yea i remember when those guys imploded Pier 57 had bullish in Destin every year and the largest display in key west then boom! I just don't know how this guy Ben expects to be in business long treating his customers this way. I have pretty well been in business for myself since i was 23 years old and damn sure would not have made it ignoring and overcharging my customers!
Old 08-20-2017, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Super excited to have both my guys under one roof
Best of luck guys
Can't wait for my engines to go boating
NK
Hows that working out for you.
Hint : Still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same story again and again Shocked nobody has FIXED Ben!
Old 08-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Yea i remember when those guys imploded Pier 57 had bullish in Destin every year and the largest display in key west then boom! I just don't know how this guy Ben expects to be in business long treating his customers this way. I have pretty well been in business for myself since i was 23 years old and damn sure would not have made it ignoring and overcharging my customers!
what kind of ECU do you have
Old 08-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tommy was outstanding with his stuff hope he re surfaces with "Super Chief "
Old 08-21-2017, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRAG
what kind of ECU do you have

Im not sure but Chief has the program locked you cant do anything other than see diagnostics. Cant make ANY adjustments as i understand it
Old 08-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Im not sure but Chief has the program locked you cant do anything other than see diagnostics. Cant make ANY adjustments as i understand it
if you can find out what ECU it is or post a pic of it, maybe some smarty EFI guy can help you get in. I can do a few, but not all. And I'm not a smarty EFI guy but may be able to point you to one
Old 08-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Registered

pectel made by cosworth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.