Notices

Hyd. Steering

Old 03-23-2016, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hyd. Steering

Greetings board!

As a lot of you guys have been following my sleeper build for the last few months ( and thank you all for the input) I thought I would research the all important Hyd. Steering issue, that so many of you have pointed out as a "must have"

Engine is still 3 weeks out, and no BIG surprises yet, and its been a "good" year so far, so.................Lets talk Hyd.Steering

Which one guys. Not just name brand, but which one? Single or dual ram? How long? Need input:

The Boat: 252 Formula 25' 2" Long 2425lbs Dry 88 gallon fuel capacity. fresh water tank, but never use it.
Bravo 1 Outdrive with XR Guts
Engine will be at or above 700HP
Estimated top speed is low to mid 70s Some calculators have it in 80s but I'm not buying into that

Thanks for all your support on this project
Old 03-23-2016, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I use Zeiger Performance steering on anything I retro fit. We also used their products on every Dragon and the first 39' GTMM built. Their product is reasonably price and service is second to none. They are the only steering company to offer a lifetime warranty on their steering systems. I would say a single ram would be a good set-up for our application. Call Paul Everett and he will give you his opinion.

http://www.everettperformance.com/default.asp
Old 03-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CIG3
I use Zeiger Performance steering on anything I retro fit. We also used their products on every Dragon and the first 39' GTMM built. Their product is reasonably price and service is second to none. They are the only steering company to offer a lifetime warranty on their steering systems. I would say a single ram would be a good set-up for our application. Call Paul Everett and he will give you his opinion.

http://www.everettperformance.com/default.asp
Great info WITH a link.............That's service Thanks CIG3 !
Old 03-23-2016, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

My Velocity also has Zeigler hydraulic steering and no problems.

Padraig
Old 03-24-2016, 12:58 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Go dual ram full hydraulic to the helm.

Some brands may fit on your transom better depending on where other stuff is mounted. That would be my first priority.