Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is a BMAX a bad idea with only 450-500 horse >

Is a BMAX a bad idea with only 450-500 horse

Notices

Is a BMAX a bad idea with only 450-500 horse

Old 03-29-2016, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The drives I have now are being sold, it's a long story, Volvo dps, cool set up actually. search my name and you'll have a good read, or a few lol. I've never had good bravo experience and it makes me leery. if I went bravo it would be the 1x rated to 450hp. I personally had a Bmax about 8 years ago now behind about 650 in a cat. Man did that thing take a beating. Never had an issue. It's why I'm drawn back to them.

As for the weight, my volvos are huge, I'd imagine maybe weighing similar to the bmax? Plus I'm going from steel heads and manifolds to aluminum in the build
Old 03-29-2016, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hotstang46
The drives I have now are being sold, it's a long story, Volvo dps, cool set up actually. search my name and you'll have a good read, or a few lol. I've never had good bravo experience and it makes me leery. if I went bravo it would be the 1x rated to 450hp. I personally had a Bmax about 8 years ago now behind about 650 in a cat. Man did that thing take a beating. Never had an issue. It's why I'm drawn back to them.

As for the weight, my volvos are huge, I'd imagine maybe weighing similar to the bmax? Plus I'm going from steel heads and manifolds to aluminum in the build
Was always curious if a DPS could be ran like a Blackhawk. Had one on my first boat and it rocked. Never hear stories of blown drives.

Was once in rough water and my hand slipped pulling the shifter into reverse. I almost cried thinking the drive exploded. Turned out to be an inexpensive coupler designed to sheer for that reason. Couple bucks and was back on the water.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Reindl is running volvo duoprops behind 575 ilmors and they beat the crap out of them airing them out....