Comments about the World Class Warlocks

Notices

Comments about the World Class Warlocks

Old 04-01-2016, 11:58 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Comments about the World Class Warlocks

I already know the quality is alot wood including floors with glue down carpet and so on. Looking for more info about the 27 and 29 World class 1990's till 2010 anything really bad about them including handling and so on. I have seen a few in person but never out on the water with one. Never even worked on one either.

Know they have been in biz and out and back, but I think 2010 was their last year for any builds.

Any years better or years to stay away from.

Know they did fairly well in F1 - 98 - 01 more so than any other years

Who has the molds for these currently ?

Opinions and any unknowns about the 2001 F1 Flashwave boat aka Torcarr 29 Warlock ? It looks to be in good shape. Yes I know its for sale as well. Hence the reason for asking all these questions to.

Last edited by BUP; 04-01-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I have no first hand experience with them, but they always seemed to do well in Factory 1 back in the day. Brian from Joker stated he owned one(or maybe more) that had bottom issues that needed to be fixed, and it was a handful to drive. Unfortunately, I don't think he is on the forums any longer.

I have always liked the looks of them and they seem like a big boat for their advertised size. But, like you said, the one thing people point out is the wood floor. I think if you found one well taken care of(no floor issues) and a good bottom you would be good to go.

I did hear the later models weren't built as well. Different owners and the molds were in rough shape. But, that is just what I heard.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your talking about the step bottom 29 Carter is the only one who built that version. Him and Lance designed the boat. Very strong in big water. Not the fastest in the flat. Hard to beat in the big water. Prob won more races in Factory 1 than any other manufacturer. Believe the molds are in Havasu. The 32 is one bad ass boat. Very very efficient bottom. Look at late 98 Powerboat mag. Test drivers said it was the best single hull ever tested in rough. It flies flat no matter what. Thing is a beast. Actually I believe a few late race boats were no wood in floors. Race boats were cored with balsa. Pleasure versions were not cored.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

They also had a very cool optional insert mold for the race version in F-1.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:10 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks for the replies. ^^^^^ Would this be Randy

If so, I have a couple of questions I want to ask you. Can you hit me up on my email. THX

[email protected]

put a title on the email so I know who it is from. THX again
Old 04-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No first hand experience but a buddy here in buffalo has a whippled 29 that runs in the 90s that he had sold to buy a cat then figured out he missed his warlock so much he bought it back. Another friend has a 27 he bought last year and seems to like it so far
Old 04-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by UR2late
If your talking about the step bottom 29 Carter is the only one who built that version. Him and Lance designed the boat. Very strong in big water. Not the fastest in the flat. Hard to beat in the big water. Prob won more races in Factory 1 than any other manufacturer. Believe the molds are in Havasu. The 32 is one bad ass boat. Very very efficient bottom. Look at late 98 Powerboat mag. Test drivers said it was the best single hull ever tested in rough. It flies flat no matter what. Thing is a beast. Actually I believe a few late race boats were no wood in floors. Race boats were cored with balsa. Pleasure versions were not cored.
I didn't realize they made a World Class 32! It was a single engine?