Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Memeber's Ages - Professions >

Memeber's Ages - Professions

Notices

Memeber's Ages - Professions

Old 09-26-2002, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My name's Bob Lloyd. I'm 51, been married for 25 years and have too many kids & grandkids to count.

Retired after 30 years in the corporate world and turned my hobby into a proffession. I own Full Throttle Marine. We do all kinds of boat/PWC repair to pay the bills and I do high performance boat work, custom engines, etc. for the fun of it. I live on Lake Travis just outside of Austin, Texas.

My personal boat is a Crownline powered by a fuel injected 600HP, 555 CID Merlin.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:52 AM
Uncle Toys

Too Old, we appear to have enough members in our age group. We should start a club within this club. “The Vintage Boaters.” Our motto will be, “An act of Congress protects us, so hands off Boardgods.” Just kidding Jeff!

p.s. Wes Smith, if you would like to join you will need to come out of the closet

Old 09-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UT,

"Come out of the closet" ?? Oh boy , I'll leave that one alone ...

Here goes ,

47- married for 22 years to Denise with three kids 18 , 15 and 13....included in the mix is a 40 mph Greyhound called "Vegas" .

The 18 year old is killing me with tuition at Loyola College in Md. and the other two in private school. Somehow I still have gas money for the boat.

I'm a corporate VP for Financial Operations for one of the largest healthcare systems in the country. The wife is a math teacher here on L.I.

I have a 2001 Progression 27 that's for sale. Its time for a big Cig or Apache...

O.K. Can I join the old geezers club now Unc !

Last edited by Wes Smith; 09-26-2002 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:54 AM
GMScott

Name: Jerry - Lurker Extrodinaire!!

40 - something and back out in the mix - scarey. Just getting out of a 20 yr. living hell (marriage) by the skin of my gelcoat. Yes, she wanted the boat too - To Sell it!!

The last 8yrs. have worked for the 2nd largest Mutual Fund company, various IT positions.

1 - 11yr. daughter, Daddy's girl and the best 1st mate you could ask for.
1 - 8yr. tan Lab, Bailey, rescued from a shelter but who is scared of the water.
1 - 5yr. tan cat, Billy, rescued from abandonment by previous owner and loves the water.
1 - 1yr. ferret, Chip, who loves being anywhere out of the cage.
1 - 10yr. cockatiel, Max, who hates the x. Hollers and screams whenever she is near - early warning system.

Daily ride & tow vehicle - '99 Dodge 2500, ext. cab, Diesel Sport.
The main event - '99 Formula 252SS, 454MPI,B3 - strictly stock setup. 1st brand new boat and of course looking for something bigger with more power.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:21 AM
Charter Member #220
Charter Member

Turned 48 last week, Married for 26 years (and love it!), 2 daughters - 25 / 21 (waterfoul - stay away!) Work in Power Plant Operations - Duke Energy. Own a 23' Cobalt - for sale! looking for a 30'+ ____________.

It's just like that, ................... only different
Old 09-26-2002, 11:24 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Great topic.

David, age 39 for a couple of more months.
BA from Grinnell College, Iowa.
Occupation: Sr. VP, Director of Direct Marketing, DDB Worldwide, Los Angeles. I've been an ad-guy forever, so please don't click off commercials (I hate TiVO), read all your junk mail, and buy more stuff.
Married 13 years. Wife is Jean, we have two daughters, ages 10 and 5.

Boat: 2002 Nordic 28' Heat.
Tow with 1995 F350 Crew, 460 gas.
2000 Xterra and 2001 Subaru Outback Wagon.
Find me at Western Lakes Havasu or Mojave or Pyramid.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:47 AM
wms

OK, I'll come out of the weeds.....name's Macklin. Age:44. I am a project manager/senior architect for one of the largest architecture/engineering firms in VA. I was single for 13 years until I met Diane. Snatched her up a couple of years ago. She is a boat whore's dream girl. She even talked me into trading in the Baja for a bigger boat.

Last year's Xmas present: PQ 340 Vyper 'Only Child'

She bunks up at Marina Shores right between BillR and Vyper340.

Last edited by wms; 09-27-2002 at 06:47 AM.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I`m an ebay pimp

and a freelance marina wrench.

Was a Snap On Tool dealer for 18 yrs.

38 Top Gun

and a black lab named Monroe
Old 09-26-2002, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 33 and run a trading floor desktop services group for a now-floundering financial firm...i also run a small web design company with 2 employees---me and my g/f it helps put gas in the boat. Oh yeah...I also buy and sell used cars...but don't call me a used car salesman

boat: 35 Cafe Racer
Old 09-26-2002, 12:12 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Hold on now Wes...I think I qualify for this exclusive "geezers" club also...

Steve aka Indy:
45 years young and engaged to a wonderful girl, Diane. No kids, but have a cool Dalmation named "Indy" of course.

Drive a F350 PSD, and run the boat in western Long Island Sound unless I get the itch to tow the boat up the coast a bit and run the east end of Long Island.

Owner of a 2001 28' Nordic Heat with a "tiny" 496HO which is getting old real fast. Looking to re-power with a 540 or just move up to a used 33 Powerplay or Top Gun in a few years.

Graduate of Ohio State University in Real Estate and Urban Land Economics and am darn glad John Cooper is gone, time to start whuppin those rats up in Lansing (think this might get some terse replys LOL)

I'm currently a consultant in corporate relocation

Oh...and I've seen Wes's dog run...sheesh, she's faster than most of the pleasure crafts on the Sound.

Quick Reply: Memeber's Ages - Professions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.