Some Help From Ft. Lauderdale Boaters

Notices

Some Help From Ft. Lauderdale Boaters

Old 04-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Some Help From Ft. Lauderdale Boaters

Hello all FT Lauderdale Boaters

I am going to Fort Lauderdale in 2 weeks and bringing my boat. I have a center console with t top and heigh is 7' or so (don't know exact but lets say 6'-7'). I have rented a house in Fort Lauderdale with a dock and want to launch my boat and keep it on at the house all week. I am getting a house near NE 40th St. So I was looking at ramps and saw that the closest might be George English Park Ramp. Is that the best to go to? Is that the closest? By map it might be. I have some questions:
1) is that a good ramp for a 35' boat?
2) Is there a better ramp or closer ramp? I will travel a little further for a easier to use ramp.
3) Can I get under the E Sunrise BLV bridge thats around the corner? If so, any time restrictions?
4) If I can get under that, I have to under the other E Sunbrise BLVD bridge going into coral bay. - Will I fit under that??
5) Will I fit under the 816 bridge (E Oakland Park Blvd)???

If you guys can let me know that would be great. I heard E Sunrise bridge is getting extended higher as it use to be 6' and going up 3' more. Is that done? But I have to go also under the other e sunrise bridge.

Any help is great. If anyone know of a marina that can do it let me know!!

Thank you,
Steve
Old 04-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Steve
Not sure where they are with the height of that bridge due to construction. I would use the ramp on NE 14th street causeway in Pompano. It is nice ride to north Ft. Lauderdale.
Ramp is maybe 15-20 min from house.
Best around. Other option is 15th street in S. Fort Lauderdale.
Parking limited and not for long trailers.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by srdrago
Hello all FT Lauderdale Boaters

I am going to Fort Lauderdale in 2 weeks and bringing my boat. I have a center console with t top and heigh is 7' or so (don't know exact but lets say 6'-7'). I have rented a house in Fort Lauderdale with a dock and want to launch my boat and keep it on at the house all week. I am getting a house near NE 40th St. So I was looking at ramps and saw that the closest might be George English Park Ramp. Is that the best to go to? Is that the closest? By map it might be. I have some questions:
1) is that a good ramp for a 35' boat?
2) Is there a better ramp or closer ramp? I will travel a little further for a easier to use ramp.
3) Can I get under the E Sunrise BLV bridge thats around the corner? If so, any time restrictions?
4) If I can get under that, I have to under the other E Sunbrise BLVD bridge going into coral bay. - Will I fit under that??
5) Will I fit under the 816 bridge (E Oakland Park Blvd)???

If you guys can let me know that would be great. I heard E Sunrise bridge is getting extended higher as it use to be 6' and going up 3' more. Is that done? But I have to go also under the other e sunrise bridge.

Any help is great. If anyone know of a marina that can do it let me know!!

Thank you,
Steve

That first bridge is fixed span (next to George English) and has always been a really low bridge but the last time I was down there they were working on it but I haven't seen the finished result. The other two bridges you are concerned with are not an issue (200 ft yachts cross through them as they are drawbridges).
Old 04-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Steve
Not sure where they are with the height of that bridge due to construction. I would use the ramp on NE 14th street causeway in Pompano. It is nice ride to north Ft. Lauderdale.
Ramp is maybe 15-20 min from house.
Best around. Other option is 15th street in S. Fort Lauderdale.
Parking limited and not for long trailers.
Thank you for the reply's. If I don't hear anything about the original bridge and if its not full done then I will try NE 14th.