Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   MICHIGAN CITY LUNCH RUN! PART II September 28th (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33634-michigan-city-lunch-run-part-ii-september-28th.html)

candyman35 09-24-2002 11:23 PM

MICHIGAN CITY LUNCH RUN! PART II September 28th

Let’s try this again! September 28th. We will arrive at Matey's, for lunch by 12:00 p.m. Chicago time which is 1:00 p.m. Michigan time. We will be leaving Hammond Marina between 10:45 and 11:00 a.m. Chicago time. The plan is to run a straight line to Portage and then follow the shoreline to MC.
The Michigan boats can meet up with us at boater’s beach, which is a few miles east of Portage. We then can run to Michigan City as a group. Who is going? I need the board name, how many on board and port you are leaving from.
These are the distances between ports.

Hammond to MC 30.6
Diversey to MC 39.6
Diversey to Hammond 17.7
North Point to MC 69.2
North point to Hammond 56.7
St. Joe to MC 34.3

Attendees
Candyman=4 persons Hammond
Back4More ? Hammond

Quiet Storm= 3persons South Haven
dyno ?? South Haven
DOCTOR DAVE ? St. Joe
KAAMA ? St. Joe

dyno 09-25-2002 05:17 AM

I'll talk to the wife tonight!Kaama you ready???where do you want to run from? South haven?

DOCTOR DAVE 09-25-2002 05:36 AM

i'm up for it this week, come on sw mich boys, lets go for it;)

KAAMA 09-25-2002 05:37 AM

I will be running out of St. Joe. I honestly think I should be ready, but with just wrapping up a project as big as this, I am learning that sometimes you just never know. I am more anxious to see my own boat in the water than anyone. So I will say that I will tenatively be there. Sorry, but that is the best answer I can give. :)

Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE 09-25-2002 05:49 AM

Hang in there Mark,Keep doing everything right the FIRST time,and then you won't have to do it a second time,.....One little thing wrong,and you usually trash out other things as well.....Good Luck
Steve

Quiet Storm 09-25-2002 06:37 AM

I'm ready.:D

Quiet Storm=3 people South Haven

dyno 09-25-2002 08:33 AM

what time will the group be leaving from southhaven????and could someone give me directions to the ramp.....

Doug 09-25-2002 09:32 AM

We'll be there for sure but don't know where we are putting in yet. Might check out Hammon this time. Could someone post or e-mail some directions. Probably be coming up I-65. Thanks Doug

MrCIG 09-25-2002 11:30 AM

Don't know yet. We are planning on washing down the storage building. If we get it done early I will see if anyone wants to go.

Mark

Quiet Storm 09-25-2002 12:19 PM

Here are the directions to the launch in South Haven.

196 South to exit 22. Turn right at the stop sign. At the next stop sigh turn left onto Blue Star Hwy. Turn right onto E. Wells. Wells turns into Dunkley, follow to the stop sign. Turn right at the stop sign. (I think this is Water St)The road makes a hard right then a left. The launch entrance will be on the left side. Cost $6.00 to launch. Have the right change. Sometimes no one is there to take money but the gate machine accepts bills and coins.

You will see a small launch where Wells turns into Dunkley. Don't use it. The one I gave directions to is much better.

I was thinking about leaving at 9:00