Notices

SBI New Orleans

Old 09-27-2002, 02:55 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default sbi

where going down also . only 3 hour drive from house . staying at the landmark. any body else staying there?the last race there around 1992-3 was 6 foot seas. it was a little rough out there from being on bourbon st all night . the boat rocked a little parked out there.

see ya there

rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-27-2002, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O.K. Here is the important question...

Where does everyone want to get together, in the quarter, or out by the lake?

BTW - Rob, are you bringing your boat and is it that MASSIVE Hustler I saw at the dealership by The Dock that is big enough to fit everyone on OSO into? My girlfriend lives in Jackson, and we drove by there a bout a month ago.
Old 09-27-2002, 03:32 PM
Rob
VIP Member

yes where taking the hustler. plan on going down friday. the veiw by boat is a lot better .i hope the weather will be ok . november is late in year in this area. next time in town call us, we usally hit the dock or phillips,almost every weekend. yall get any bad weather there. the sun is out now here .going to be nice weekend ,prob want go up river and hit the sand bars, prob flooded , staying in the big lake.
kamma we use to go the monroe drag racing a few years back . is the track still there. going to memphis to run the worlds fastest street car shoot out finals on frist of month.

let me know where every body wants to meet up.
rob

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 09-27-2002 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it worth taking a boat to NO to spectate from the water?
Old 09-27-2002, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob -- yes the track is still here. A friend of mine owns it now. He has a nice rail car, but with a (comparatively) small motor.

What are you going to run in Memphis? I know some guy over there in Jackson has a street Vette with a blown sbc and nitrous that supposedly makes 1100hp (but not with ME in it). Another friend of mine put the roll cage in it.

G/F is coming this way this weekend, but if I don't have to go to Cali next weekend, we will either be there or in New Orleans.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:33 PM
DanL

Is the race course on Lake Pontch? Freshwater, brackish? Is there Gulf access? We're coming down with a couple of race boats and 2 large cruisers are coming over from Texas, mine included. Thanks

Old 09-27-2002, 08:52 PM
Registered

The race is on Lake Ponchatrain, check out the link above. Gulf access is on East side of Lake.
Copeland usually does throw a good party. Plan on leaving the house by boat on Wed. and spending the night.....try to make it back on Sunday also. Better to watch from the boat. Get Marina reservations early if you want one. I hear they are being taken up, friend of mine has 3. If anyone has any questions, they can e-mail me...will try to answer! See you at the races!
Old 09-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

You guys might be racing down Burboun St if the rain doesn't stop.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Cool

P2-7 will be there.Gotta play in the back yard!
Old 09-28-2002, 02:05 PM
Rob
VIP Member

kaama prob taking the 70 chevelle. the 69 camaro want pass as street legal. . recived a driver packet for the sbi new orleans race to day. . the corse is rectangle. going to be like the biloxi race on coast. 4 turns 2 straights. looks like there trying to make it better for the fans on land .

Quick Reply: SBI New Orleans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.