Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Michigan City Run---how'd it go today? >

Michigan City Run---how'd it go today?

Notices

Michigan City Run---how'd it go today?

Old 09-28-2002, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Michigan City Run---how'd it go today?

I worked on my boat from about 11:00Am to about 8:30PM today. We got the Port engine started but carb needs some cleanign/adjusting. Couldn't even start the Starboard engine---Tilton starter just didn't have enough OOooomf to turn the engine over. We removed it and it will be rebuilt. Systems check went pretty good except some leakage around carb fuel lines. We'll be back at it on Teusday. Port engine purrrrs like a kitten.

Any report about the MC run today?
Old 09-29-2002, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boys and I left South Haven at 10:30 Michigan time. The waves were following and we were able to run 45 to 50 no problem. Just had on a light jacket. It was cloudy but clearing.

Pulled in at St Joe in about 20 minutes. Only boats around were fishing, cruiser and blow boats. I thought either we were way too early or missed everyone. Waited for about 20 minutes and left for Michigan City.

Pulled into Michigan City at 11:30. Went in the river all the way to B&E Marine. No boats tied on the wall. We thought we may be too early again went back out in the lake. We ran about a mile south to wait for the boats from Chicago or Hammond. During that time the sky cleared and it was very warm. After 30 minutes we went back in the river.

My wife met us by the wall in the river where we tied up. She drove to Michigan City to shop and my older son was goin to take the car home. We were the only boat on the wall.

We went across the bridge to Matey's. I told the waitress that we were from OSO and asked if anyone else was. She said no but would ask the other waitress. We had a great lunch. I will defiantly go back to Matey's.

After lunch we went back to the wall where my boat was still the only one there.

The lake was a little rough when we left. Rollers coming at us. We ran about 35. The sky was clear and it was warm enough to wear just a T shirt. The lake started to calm down and at St Joe we were able to run 45. By the time we reached South Haven we were running 60 with my wife in the boat. It was like glass.

I know this was long but since I was the only one there I felt I could go on a bit.

Hey everyone, lets plan another run. I'll be sure to tell you about it.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:19 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roger,
glad you guys had a good time. I was thinking about that run. but, I had the combine rolling all day long. The crop is drying down fast with this warm weather.
We are hopeing to see you guys again at the COPS pirates party.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Payton,
We are planning to make the COPS party. I have to get a head count to see if my boys want to come too. Then I'll call it in.
Good luck with the crops.

Kaama,
One down one to go. I hope you get to put it in the water before the first snow.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:42 PM
Registered

Roger,
I'm glad someone made it out to MC. There was some interest and then it went down hill all week. If I weren’t sick in bed I'd have been there. I'm glad to here another thumbs up on Matey's. I hope to make it there some day to check it out first hand. Preferably by boat!
Dan
Old 09-30-2002, 09:21 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

We were showing are car at James Dean friday and sunday. Planned on heading to the MC saturday. I went over to the barn and brought the boat home late friday night. When I looked at the schedule before I went to bed I saw that they cancelled the judgeing on sunday. " BS " All the years we have gone to the show they have always judged all 3 days. I checked the board and it really sounded like no one was going to show so I stayed home.

Sorry Quiet Storm I know what it's like. Believe me I was kicking myself all day because it was so beautiful out. I need a good reason to get back in the water to run out the rest of the gas I put in the week before.

Kamma sound like your almost there. Good deal. HAAAAAAAAA there is a good reason for me to burn some fuel out. I can't keep up but could run along when you do your water test.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Doug, I'm probably going to be giving my hog a water test on Wedsenday of Thursday. I'll keep you posted Bro.