What Is Best Way To Clean Snap In Carpet >

What Is Best Way To Clean Snap In Carpet

Notices

What Is Best Way To Clean Snap In Carpet

Old 04-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts
Default What Is Best Way To Clean Snap In Carpet

after I remove it from the boat. Lay it on the driveway and scrub it with a brush and mild detergent? Rinse with hose and let it dry?
Old 04-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I lay it out on the floor and vacuum really well with the wife's dyson. Then go over the whole thing with my little green machine carpet cleaner. Looks brand new still. If it's really bad, power wash and scrub, then leave to dry in the sun.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vacuum it well and use a power-washer with a cleaning compound. Just be careful on your pressure setting, too tight of a water stream and you'll destroy the carpet. The ole hand and brush with soap will work if you don't need a deep clean.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

We lay it out on the driveway and clean with some soap (can't remember what??) and brush, then hang it over a ladder to drip dry in sun. It takes a couple days to dry in our environment.

However, we rarely use our cockpit carpet. In the middle of the summer, it gets very hot on the feet. So typically, we just throw some extra towels on the floor. Plus you can get a better tan from the UV reflecting off the white gel floor!
Old 04-25-2016, 04:15 PM
Registered

My power washer took a crap and I don't have a carpet cleaner. I could take it to the car wash but it sounds like I'm on the right track to just lay it out, vacuum it and scrub it with a brush and dish detergent. Then rinse good with the hose and let it dry in the sun.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take ours to the car wash and hang them from the clamps on the wall. I powerwash them with soap first and then rinse them out really well (front and back) with the hot water rinse. Works like a charm and have never damaged the carpets.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
My power washer took a crap and I don't have a carpet cleaner. I could take it to the car wash but it sounds like I'm on the right track to just lay it out, vacuum it and scrub it with a brush and dish detergent. Then rinse good with the hose and let it dry in the sun.
car wash and some plastic
Old 04-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Registered

Car wash does sound like it'll make easy work of it. Obviously I'll hold the wand back some. That's what I'll do. Off to the car wash tomorrow. I pulled the carpet today and cleaned the floor already.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drop off at a rug store and have it cleaned.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Drop off at a rug store and have it cleaned.
Naw, it's not that bad. I'll throw it in the truck and take it to the car wash. Maybe hang it and beat the dirt out of it first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.