materials cost to layup a 21 ft donzi style hull and deck >

materials cost to layup a 21 ft donzi style hull and deck

Notices

materials cost to layup a 21 ft donzi style hull and deck

Old 05-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
VE is superior on all levels. A good ve is closer in physicals to epoxy (which is essentially what ve is anyway) then poly. Elongation is where it gets its strength and ability to bond and carry a load. When you flex a polyester laminate and hear all that cracking that is the resin failing in elongation. PE is still fine for a lot of stuff, it works good with balsa core. It just drops off when you start demanding a higher level of performance, lacks durability.
so basically youre sayin tons of resin in an old school resin bucket wave crusher works great cuz the hulls are so over build they dont flex, and ve works best on the flexi flyers late model stuff that absorbs some of the wave and flexes a lot more...
Old 05-08-2016, 10:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Ratman,

Keep asking questions, I am learning in this thread, this is great information from Glassdave and TommyMonza, keep educating me guys, I really appreciate your feedback in this thread.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Dave have you seen the price of resin come down now that oil came down so much? I'm betting no lol