Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New PowerBoat Build...Looking for Guidance! >

New PowerBoat Build...Looking for Guidance!

Notices

New PowerBoat Build...Looking for Guidance!

Old 05-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New PowerBoat Build...Looking for Guidance!

Pops and I saved up enough money for a new boat. We are still open to other manufacturers but Shockwaveboats.com is #1 on our list due to a personal relationship with Bob the owner and the fantastic reviews we have seen across the net.

Most likely looking at a 25' Tremor open bow walkthrough.

Since this is our first build we were hoping for some ideas and red flags and everything in between. What are some pitfalls? What are some must haves? What would you have done different? What isnt needed? Anything like that to help guide us would be great. We havent had a boat in about 20 years so we cant wait. Going to make our order in the next few weeks. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-11-2016, 12:40 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emmjay32
Pops and I saved up enough money for a new boat. We are still open to other manufacturers but Shockwaveboats.com is #1 on our list due to a personal relationship with Bob the owner and the fantastic reviews we have seen across the net.

Since this is our first build we were hoping for some ideas and red flags and everything in between. What are some pitfalls? What are some must haves? What would you have done different? What isnt needed? Anything like that to help guide us would be great. We havent had a boat in about 20 years so we cant wait. Going to make our order in the next few weeks. Thanks for the info!
Might be easier if you had a list of what you want, then we could point out what you need to consider
Old 05-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
Might be easier if you had a list of what you want, then we could point out what you need to consider
Like I said we are 99% purchasing a 25' Shockwave Tremor Open Bow Walkthrough. We are definitely upgrading to the bigger engine

here is the list of all the normal features.

http://shockwaveboats.com/25_tremor_walk_through.php

http://shockwaveboats.com/pdfs/dare-to-compare.pdf

What im looking for is what should definitely be upgraded based on your opinions. What are some MUST haves that we should include on the boat. Almost anything can be done according to Bob. Like we are going to have him turn one of the seats into an ice chest under the walkthrough. What are some things you wish you had that arent on your boats? Really just looking for that guidance from the experienced guys on what to look for and what to look out for.

Should we do an aftermarket sound system? If we are crusing at 60 mph Id imagine having a good system is needed. Ive read a lot about JL audio being some of the best sounds on the market.

Does a lake boat need a Navigation system since we all have cell phones? We will basically only be on Lake Havasu and Lake Powell.

Last edited by emmjay32; 05-11-2016 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:18 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For starters I would want led lighting in gauges, cockpit and navigation lights.

I'd look into cost of extended factory warranty on motor/drive.

bluetooth and aux input on stereo
Old 05-11-2016, 01:35 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Good luck with your build. We are having a New 29 Lavercraft built as we speak. So I know trying to pick the correct colors to a 100 % liking and design along with lay out to suit all your needs can be alot thinking plus time consuming. Anyways just incase for that .1% of maybe buying another boat check out www.laveycraft.com and look at their 24 and 26 models. Good luck with whatever you do.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Good luck with your build. We are having a New 29 Lavercraft built as we speak. So I know trying to pick the correct colors to a 100 % liking and design along with lay out to suit all your needs can be alot thinking plus time consuming. Anyways just incase for that .1% of maybe buying another boat check out www.laveycraft.com and look at their 24 and 26 models. Good luck with whatever you do.

Laveys are nice boats for sure! Grats on your build. We are actually gonna let the wives do the graphics on our boat(might be a bad idea i know haha)
Old 05-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by emmjay32

You may want to take a ride on Shockwave's 26 Cat open bow walk through. More leg room in the bow for the gals and a better ride in sloppy lake conditions for that size of boat. With a 600SCi should be a 90 plus mph ride. Now that's the upgrade you want! Good luck with your purchase.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SecondWind
You may want to take a ride on Shockwave's 26 Cat open bow walk through. More leg room in the bow for the gals and a better ride in sloppy lake conditions for that size of boat. With a 600SCi should be a 90 plus mph ride. Now that's the upgrade you want! Good luck with your purchase.
we have seen the 26 as well. beauty of a boat....to be honest 90 is too darn fast haha.....we are cruisers. Mom and Pops are 62 then me the wife and our 12 and 4 year old. Its gonna be a family ride. Our ultimate goal was the 28' deck but just dont have the funds to do it. We could always go used and that was an option on a deck boat but we just decided it would be sweet to build our own and we do love the sporty look of the tremor. It looks like a much bigger boat than it actually is